Speak EV - Electric Car Forums banner

221 - 240 of 375 Posts

·
Registered
2,325 Posts
Do you know if that price was for the first edition, that we’ve all preordered?
He just said it was "indicative".

On reflection, it was a bit weird. He said that people didn't want the commitment of owning a car, but then went on to give an example of a "3 year subscription". Personally, I think EVezy is THE subscription model. Dip in and dip out as needed. A 3 year term sounds more like a lease.

·
Registered
117 Posts
I agree totally.. The only real difference being the lack of deposit(hopefully) and insurance included.
I wouldn’t nesscessarily be against taking the Polestar for three years, but technology moves so quickly I would be wary to commit.
The car looks great to me, can’t wait to see it on Saturday in London.
I’m waiting for a Model 3 from EVezy at the moment, but I suspect it’s not big enough for me long term and I really need a hatchback in the absence of an EV estate.
£100 extra for the Polestar over the Model 3 is not a problem if the car ticks all our boxes.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
8,922 Posts
I was there too @Jimbo :)

Got there a few minutes before it opened and managed to sit in the driver’s seat for five minutes after waiting for a very tall man to extricate himself from the seat (it evidently proved quite a job).

I asked about the pedestrian warning noise and the rep sitting in the front passenger seat said it has no noise, and did not seem to know that it will require one by the time it is on sale in the UK.

As to the rear luggage compartment I measured it at 1030 long (at its longest - curves back to 930 length on either side), 1000 wide and 400 high, with a rather tortuous area under the false floor and a strange divider that props up halfway across the boot. I was told that you would be able to use CarPlay even though it’s an Android Interface - not sure if he was correct there.

The wheels look absolutely gigantic. Like the iPace before it, the fact that it is being exhibited with giant wheels makes it very hard to judge its scale. It doesn’t feel huge inside - smaller than a Golf I think - but a very nice place to be. I too noticed that rear passengers ben fit from the absenc of the skateboard battery. However although the styling is extremely crisp and authoritative it still feel like the best of a n old generation — again like the iPace — rather than a harbinger of the new, like the Model 3.

·
Registered
8,922 Posts

Attachments

·
Registered
8,922 Posts

·
Registered
8,922 Posts
He may have said they were included in the subscription but I can’t be 100% sure
The subscription option is designed to be all-encompassing. The car is being targeted at people who haven’t had an EV before and the sub is designed to eliminate as much uncertainty about ownership, battery degradation etc as possible.

·
Live by the sword. Don't intend to die by it.
393 Posts
Is there a mileage restriction on the subscription option?
Care by Volvo in the US allows 15k miles per year. I can't find anything on the UK mileage allowance, so I assume it'll be for 10k miles in the UK. Personally, I do 12-15k a year, so I hope it will be 15k, or that an increase in mileage won't be too expensive.

Care by Volvo includes tyres, maintenance/servicing, other wear and tear items like wiper blades, breakdowns, and all repairs that aren't due to negligence or damage. It looks pretty comprehensive. I assume it's going to be basically the same.

·
Registered
944 Posts
As I don't think anyone here has shared a pic with the doors closed yet:

I imagine this'll eat some of the "basic Autopilot Model S" market, as it's £20k cheaper and has a higher quality (although very similar) interior + TACC/lane keep.

It's priced too high to touch the Model 3, and obviously won't be after the FSD market.

Interior quality won't worry Mercedes anytime soon, either!

Here's a dump of the other pics:

·
Registered
944 Posts
I very much doubt it's been driven anywhere. They probably reset it before display if it does ever move under its own power.

·
Live by the sword. Don't intend to die by it.
393 Posts
220 miles at 80% charge suggests 275 miles from 100% charge. However, that might be based on the Chinese spec battery pack, which I believe will be 72kWh rather than the 78kWh everyone else will get (for some reason?!)

If that is the case, it would be 297 miles from 100% charge.

Of course, it might also be a static display.

·
Registered
2,325 Posts
78kWh / 24kWh = 3.25 * 100 miles = 325 miles at 100% assuming no buffer.

Maybe the Chinese number is usable capacity?

72kWh / 24kWh = 3 * 100 miles = 300 miles range at 100%

221 - 240 of 375 Posts