Speak EV - Electric Car Forums banner

361 - 380 of 474 Posts

·
Registered
2,390 Posts
Top Gear have driven a prototype (spoiler - they like it).

Some solid comparisons with the M3 too.

·
Registered
65 Posts
Have put down my deposit today. Going to buy through my ltd company, either full price or maybe one of the monthly packages. Not felt this excited about a purchase for a long time and never bought a new car before. It'll replace an old diesel V70 and a lexus CT, so quite a step up hopefully.

·
Registered
2,390 Posts
I don't think you will be disappointed. It looks great in the flesh and the driver's seat is a nice place to be

·
Registered
129 Posts
Have put down my deposit today. Going to buy through my ltd company, either full price or maybe one of the monthly packages. Not felt this excited about a purchase for a long time and never bought a new car before. It'll replace an old diesel V70 and a lexus CT, so quite a step up hopefully.
I am doing exactly the same (ltd and buy outright) - though just waiting a little to get xc40 details before i make the decision

·
Registered
65 Posts
Haf, I was tempted by the XC40 too. I suspect it may end up being more than the XC40 if the options list is longer, when spec'd similarly but I could be wrong! Although it'll be used for family transport, I like the idea of adjustable dampers, setting it to soft mode for a long journey. Plus the rarity of a Polestar will be nice.

Will yours have a lot of private use? As mine won't and am unsure if I can still claim 100% against profit in first year...

·
Registered
129 Posts
Haf, I was tempted by the XC40 too. I suspect it may end up being more than the XC40 if the options list is longer, when spec'd similarly but I could be wrong! Although it'll be used for family transport, I like the idea of adjustable dampers, setting it to soft mode for a long journey. Plus the rarity of a Polestar will be nice.

Will yours have a lot of private use? As mine won't and am unsure if I can still claim 100% against profit in first year...
Mine will be primarily private miles but according to my accountant it makes no difference. Essetially the ltd will buy the car and give to me as a BIK - where its 01/2/% tax for next few years - so I pay a few hundred per year for whatever private use i want. the ltd can then sell the car to me at a 'fair' price at anypoint in the future..

·
Registered
65 Posts
FD, apologies if you already know, but the P2 will have a tow option too.

Anyone any thoughts on whether the P2 will have a roof rack option? Glass roof on launch edition makes me think maybe not a swish manufacturer option...

·
Live by the sword. Don't intend to die by it.
461 Posts
There are certainly no bars on the roof to mount a roof rack on. There are unusual looking holes inside the door frames at the top, which I suppose could be some sort of mounting/fixing system for a roof rack, but I don't know.

·
Registered
65 Posts
That’s good to hear, thanks both. With roof bars and a tow bar, it will be good for holidays, albeit range dropping like a stone probably.

Different topic but I read the xc40 key is going to have tech that if it is stationary it can’t be cloned to steal the car, or whatever it is the thieves do nowadays.

Hopefully this will make it to the p2 as well.

·
Registered
129 Posts
I am not particularly interested in the performance angle of electric cars or any 'performance packs' but I like what I am hearing as more reviews for this come out. Definitly in my top 2 for 2020 purchase

·
461 Posts
I am not particularly interested in the performance angle of electric cars or any 'performance packs' but I like what I am hearing as more reviews for this come out. Definitly in my top 2 for 2020 purchase
I had no interest in the Performance Pack until I read the Top Gear review. If the car rides as well on the standard suspension, I won't bother. If the Öhlins dampers make that much difference, I might be tempted.

·
461 Posts
Whar I would like is a Tesla Model 3 built by Volvo...
At the risk of bringing back the same argument; Other than unnecessarily outrageous acceleration, access to Superchargers, and 10% more range, what does the American car have that the Swedish one doesn't?

361 - 380 of 474 Posts