Speak EV - Electric Car Forums banner

21 - 40 of 1089 Posts

·
Registered
2,573 Posts
Polestar 2 seems to be aimed directly at the Model 3 buyer. OK, so the M3 wins on range, 0-60 and AP, but P2 can charge at 150kw, and looks to have a better and more spacious interior.

It was interesting that they specifically mentioned the demand for the Model 3 during the presentation, and how Polestar support Tesla's mission.

Be awesome if they could use the SuC network :)

·
Banned
3,248 Posts
Polestar 2 seems to be aimed directly at the Model 3 buyer. OK, so the M3 wins on range, 0-60 and AP, but P2 can charge at 150kw, and looks to have a better and more spacious interior.
People will buy it because it's a Volvo, i.e. it's from an established manufacturer and more conventional that the Model 3. A lot of people are put off by Tesla being so now and American, by the horror stories about them and by the spartan interior and lack of luxuries.

The iPace is similar. The MX has it beat in some ways but people buy it because it's a Jaguar.

·
Premium Member
11,015 Posts
I don't like the grill. Too fossil fuel looking for me, but I guess Volvo buyers are old and like traditional :p

·
Registered
2,573 Posts
It also has matrix lights with headlamp washers (how I miss those washers).

Want to see actual dimensions and more details on the battery - cooling / heating / autobahn behaviour etc. Also, we haven't seen the back seat yet. 2 or 3 seats? Split folding? Funky cupholder armrest? Etc..

Edit: found the dimensions...

Length 4607 mm
Height 1478 mm
Width 1800 mm

Compares well with the M3:

Length 4,690 mm
Width 1,930 mm
Height 1,440 mm

·
Registered
1,922 Posts
Nice.
Very Swedish from the side.

·
Registered
1,904 Posts
I wonder if the Law Society will still be doing their Volvo discount scheme when this comes out (although on past offers the PHEVs were excluded so who knows if a pure EV would get a look in).

·
Registered
Corsa-e
127 Posts
I'm confused about the subscription model. Is this simply PCH under a different name? Can I subscribe to the car for a few months as I see fit? Or am I subscribing for a number of years? Interested to find out the differences and similarities. Appreciate it may be too early to tell at the moment.

·
Registered
960 Posts

It was interesting that they specifically mentioned the demand for the Model 3 during the presentation, and how Polestar support Tesla's mission.

Be awesome if they could use the SuC network :)
I was curious to what worldwide charging network they were on about parternering with If these could charge from the supercharger network I'm sold!

I was impressed with the range from the battery size assuming it translates to real world, to me this is the only car so far that would tempt me away from tesla, well, if I could afford either anyway!

I'm hoping when you can configure poverty spec you can have smaller wheels, still don't get this huge wheel mentality

·
Live by the sword. Don't intend to die by it.
745 Posts
But - 5 doors! Wahey! 404 litres seems a bit small, that's the same as the Countryman PHEV.
Yes, this struck me as odd too, especially considering the size of the rear overhang. I wonder if it's quite long and wide, but shallow.

I can barely fit my longsword into the E-Tron at ~600 litres, so 400 litres ain't going to cut it, unless it's the right shape.

·
I'm not crazy, the attack has begun.
27,732 Posts
Do the seats fold down or is there more battery pack in the boot behind the rear backrest?

I presume, being Swedish, it'll have a 'ski-slot' through the rear backrest (better known as a 'longsword' slot amongst some of us! ;) ). Tie it down as usual, of course, you don't want it being loose in the car in an extreme manoeuvre/crash.

·
Journeyman Human
416 Posts
I'm confused about the subscription model. Is this simply PCH under a different name? Can I subscribe to the car for a few months as I see fit? Or am I subscribing for a number of years? Interested to find out the differences and similarities. Appreciate it may be too early to tell at the moment.
Sounds like it's just PCH/PCP that includes servicing, breakdown cover and phone advice line and so forth, so just one monthly payment for all your car related costs. I'd expect there will be a minimum contract time, probably two years, but I suppose time will tell.

·
9,719 Posts
Discussion Starter #38
My reading of the tea leaves, and its an industry trend is all OEMs are expecting ownership models to change dramatically over the next decade and will increasingly offer a "All Inclusive" plan for a flat monthly costs like Mobile phone etc etc. It was a very mixed message in the presentation.

·
Registered
784 Posts
This sounded brilliant, all the way up to the 2020 release date :(

Seems odd to unveil it so early. Just had a play around with the configurator and it was estimating July next year for delivery.

·
Registered
9,186 Posts
KILL!

Good God Almighty, grey? What with Tesla doing away with the gorgeous silver on the Model 3 (although the blue is nice, but red and white, meh), where's the fun.

Imagine a grey boot, too lethargic to raise itself up to stamp on a human face once, let alone forever.

But - 5 doors! Wahey! 404 litres seems a bit small, that's the same as the Countryman PHEV.
What are you complaining about? You can get yellow seatbelts!

21 - 40 of 1089 Posts