Speak EV - Electric Car Forums banner

421 - 439 of 439 Posts

·
Electric cars in Norway Sweden Denmark EV
26 Posts
Sofar: thx (y) I have one more video here, my comments:

This is the latest video. Polestar 2 👍100% electric Polestar showroom in Oslo/Norway. Shut up and take my money. English version.

Sofar: you better check out the M3 lease.... Polestar 2 is a fantastic EV. Have a nice weekend(y)

·
Registered
44 Posts
Thanks for sharing that. I didn't make it to any of the UK displays of the P2 and had been considering (only 10% seriously) of going to Oslo to see it, now I don't have to!

·
Live by the sword. Don't intend to die by it.
449 Posts
Interesting to see at least two of those development cars on non-production wheels, or at least wheels that aren't on the configurator. Also surprised to hear the cheaper version will be front-wheel drive.

·
449 Posts
Germany and Sweden lease rates announced.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hi, I just joined this forum and I recently put my deposit down on a P2 with performance package after seeing all the videos and reading all the articles on it. All the info, specs and images on the Polestar app have me sold, though I have been sitting on the fence on purchasing the Tesla M3 Performance for years (or a used 2017 Model S) -- the poor quality and customer service, along with the lacklustre interior for its price has been delaying my decision. There isn't much out there in terms of upscale electric cars -- I am coming from a fully spec'ed Mercedes C-class which I have owned for almost 13 years which I really love and never gave me any problems. For a price of a Tesla or Polestar 2, I could get a new Mercedes with a beautifully designed interior and exterior but it's gas-powered.

I actually love the sleek clean lines of the M3 which will age well, but there is very little visually to differentiate between the base model and the performance model which carries a huge price difference. Also, I wanted a car that's a little more unique and different, and Teslas are pretty commonplace in North America and will be more common even still as production is catching up to the huge demand.
I must admit I wasn't a big fan of the appearance of the P2 when it was first launched. The exterior is pretty chunky looking and the high stance and plastic body cladding makes it look like an SUV but in a sedan form. It doesn't have the smooth graceful lines of a Tesla S/3, but it's really growing on me. The interior P2, while more traditional, looks much higher in quality and I appreciate the level of detailing over the minimal M3. It looks to be a more comfortable place to be than the M3 and I like the more cossetted cockpit feeling from the driver's seat and Volvos make the best seats in the industry.

While I like all-black interiors in cars (including the headliner), I found the interior of the P2 to be too dark even with the slightly lighter charcoal interior. I really would like to have the light reconstructed wood deco trim with the black interior to break up all the darkness and add some contrasting visual interest. Also, it will make the interior ambient lighting more effective and creating a nice warm glow, as the black ash wood deco trim is too dark of a background for the lighting to reflect or illuminate. The beige Nappa leather option interior really clashes with the yellow seatbelts and the shade of beige of the leather doesn't feel like it fits into the modern sporty theme of the car. Ivory or white leather would be a more appropriate colour instead of beige and would look much nicer with the yellow seat belts, IMO.
This leads me to the Weave Tech upholstery which I have some reservations on. While I'm not really a fan of leather as it requires more maintenance, will crack or craze over time, and I have dogs. I really love the MB-Tex (now called Artico) in my Mercedes. It's leatherette (or the now trendy "vegan leather" nomenclature) that looks and feels just like leather and it still looks new after 13 years of ownership and lots of use and abuse. I'm a bit puzzled that Polestar is even offering real leather as they have been really promoting their 100% vegan interiors and their ethical stance. According to Polestar, Weave Tech is made from recycled plastic bottles and follows similar materials used in sportswear and wetsuits, which sounds like neoprene material which doesn't sound or feel that upscale, but I have to see and feel it in person to make my final judgement. Jaguar/Land Rover offers a leather-free interior option that uses a finely woven tweed material that looks and feels really nice and upscale, like something used in menswear suiting material.

I haven't made any decisions on the exterior colour choices yet as I am torn between Snow, Magnesium and Thunder. I always liked and owned silver cars as it is easy to maintain and keep looking clean and really highlights the body lines, but I really like the sharp clean modern look of Snow and with the contrast with the black trim and lower body cladding. Thunder has a nice sporty and aggressive sporty monochromatic look to it and really shows off the yellow Brembo brake calipers. Thunder looks to be non-metallic which I really like (similar to the Audi Nardo Grey but darker) and it looks very unique and sporty.
I was disappointed that Tesla disconnected their silver exteriors on all their models (to facilitate faster production) which is a shame as I think it's the best colour for their cars as it really highlights the sleek curves and lines of their cars. White is all too common on Teslas and the Midnight Silver is actually a very dark charcoal grey that is close to black, but metallic. I'm not a fan of colours in general so red or blue would not be an option for me.

Anyways, I am excited to place my deposit on my P2 and looking forward to hearing more news and specs on it, and being involved in the discussions here.
Cheers!

·
Registered
11,458 Posts
Germany and Sweden lease rates announced.
If the German €599 per month translate to the UK it will be pretty attractive.

·
449 Posts
If the German €599 per month translate to the UK it will be pretty attractive.
It's about £515/month including tax; that's for a 4 year lease (no deposit), but with a fairly stingy 6200 miles per year.

It's not really clear from the document if it is the full coverage lease, including insurance, etc...

Waiting before I get too excited.

·
Registered
44 Posts
It's about £515/month including tax; that's for a 4 year lease (no deposit), but with a fairly stingy 6200 miles per year.

It's not really clear from the document if it is the full coverage lease, including insurance, etc...

Waiting before I get too excited.
I suspect the insurance etc. package will be higher, or they would surely have mentioned it.

I'm guessing the 599 Euros will be about £599. Looking forward to the UK figures!

·
449 Posts
That's a third party though. The figures that the guys at the roadshow suggested were about £2k down, then £699/month all in. That's for 3 years and 60,000km (12k miles/yr).

·
Registered
1 Posts
That's a third party though. The figures that the guys at the roadshow suggested were about £2k down, then £699/month all in. That's for 3 years and 60,000km (12k miles/yr).
I assume that you mean the London event in July? Yes I agree that they quoted those figures, and that they were for a 3 year contract @ 20k miles a year. My current mileage is a little more than that and the senior person I spoke with afterwards stated that they did not want to offer any higher mileage - but I live in hope!!

·
449 Posts
Well, the event I went to was at the Trafford Centre, but yes, during the roadshow. I guess we'll find out the actual figures in the next few weeks.

421 - 439 of 439 Posts