Registered
8,980 Posts

·
Banned
3,248 Posts

·
9,719 Posts
Discussion Starter #45
BMW launched an EV only sub-brand to get around an ICE-only sales network.
The I-brand was very much intended to operate like Polestar is now, a very large franchise in Germany took exception so BMW scaled back their plans.

·
Registered
949 Posts
Presumably that includes a smaller battery. Could be very popular at that price. Kinda surprised they didn't brand it a Volvo really.
I'm pretty certain the upcoming S40 will be the Volvo version of this car, ie not performance orientated...if that's the case and its using the same kind of system I wonder if range will be better?

·
Registered
478 Posts
Loveley car. Can't wait for more details on the base model. I like it that you start it with your bum. :D

Here's another video:

·
Registered
2,154 Posts
Another preorder here. Very much depends on the pricing, obviously. Currently configured with Void (Black) which I think really suits the car.

·
Live by the sword. Don't intend to die by it.
440 Posts
It's really looking good. Not sure about the fabric seats, the grey in particular looks like the seats in my ex's X-reg Ford Focus. Not good for resisting/scrubbing child-vomit. Surely they can put alcantara in there at that price?

·
9,719 Posts
Discussion Starter #50
Alcantara does not wear well on seats. Kvadrat and similar man made fibres are much better. Volvo already has some of the nicest synthetic and partially leather seats.

·
440 Posts
Alcantara does not wear well on seats. Kvadrat and similar man made fibres are much better. Volvo already has some of the nicest synthetic and partially leather seats.
My V90 has alcantara, and it seems to be very hard wearing, and feels very nice. It doesn't feel synthetic either, which is a bonus.

I'm really tempted to put a deposit on one of these. I like Thunder and Midnight, but Midnight looks quite close to the Savile Grey I have on my V90. What do we think of Snow? Personally I like the black and white contrast.

·
Registered
11,347 Posts
There’s nothing quite like mink-lined baby seal skin with swan down filling.

I can’t have man made fibres touching by butt.

·
Registered
1,734 Posts
My V90 has alcantara, and it seems to be very hard wearing, and feels very nice. It doesn't feel synthetic either, which is a bonus.

I'm really tempted to put a deposit on one of these. I like Thunder and Midnight, but Midnight looks quite close to the Savile Grey I have on my V90. What do we think of Snow? Personally I like the black and white contrast.
No love for Moon? I think it's the best, although the silver looks smart.

·
Registered
2,350 Posts
Torn between Snow and Void, so reserved Snow as I believe you will be able to change when they invite you to order.
Thunder also looked great at Geneva. Choices, choices!

·
Premium Member
2,640 Posts
I’ve just accidentally pre-ordered a midnight version. Oops!

Being a bit late to the party, I’m pretty sure I won’t be in the July 2020 delivery estimate, but it’s now basically a race between this or the VW ID NEO as to who gets my EV dollars.

I still really fancy a Jaguar ipace though...

·
440 Posts
I'm tempted to put down a deposit, but wonder if it would be wiser to wait. Of the forthcoming and current EVs, my thoughts are:
  • I-Pace, EQC, and E-Tron are just too expensive
  • I can't imagine the Model Y will be on British roads until late 2022. Model 3 boot rules it out.
  • Byton is an unknown quantity, and Nio seem to be struggling even in their domestic market
  • VW ID looks too small.
What else is there? The Polestar 2 looks about the right price, good performance and range, it'll be packed with equipment if it's like Volvos, looks great, and *looks* like it'll have enough luggage space.

·
Super Moderator
11,025 Posts
If the China-US trade war continues, we may get the Polestar 2 in decent volume and a competitve time frame.

There are reports Polestar are not going to America because of import tarrifs. Of couse they could eventually build the car in the US but that takes time and money. Geely might prefer to wait and see.

41 - 60 of 430 Posts