Speak EV - Electric Car Forums banner

581 - 600 of 741 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
I'm pretty sure the £50k grant limit applies to car price before options, so you'll still benefit by the grant if you choose non-standard colour or any other costed option.

If you check the Tesla website, the M3 LR price (which is quoted with grant already applied) doesn't increase by £3k when you choose options that take the total price above £50k.

·
Registered
477 Posts
I'm pretty sure the £50k grant limit applies to car price before options, so you'll still benefit by the grant if you choose non-standard colour or any other costed option.

If you check the Tesla website, the M3 LR price (which is quoted with grant already applied) doesn't increase by £3k when you choose options that take the total price above £50k.
I think that is a glitch on the configurator, as even the Void doesn’t show any grant:

So when you change colour it only goes up by £900:

·
Registered
5 Posts
I understand Polestar are expecting to receive the necessary PiCG approval later this month, and the configurator will be updated to show the grant, as well as the finance options.

·
Registered
477 Posts

The grant has always used the RRP including ANY factory options AND registration / delivery fees.

So any options fitted by the dealer prior to collection are not taken into account.
(most options fitted to a Leaf for example are actually dealer fitted and not factory fitted)

So for example (all hypothetical figures):

Leaf RRP: £48,999
Registration / delivery: £1,000
Dealer fitted options: £4,000

Total = £53,999, this still qualifies for the full PICG so you would only pay £50,999

Polestar2: £49,900
Registration / delivery included: £0 (*Price includes: collection from your nearest Polestar Space or delivery to your chosen location, 75% battery charge, number plates, first registration fee and Vehicle Excise Duty.)
Options: £900 (any colour but black)

Total £50,800

So if you want ANYTHING other than black or any option added then it would not qualify for the PICG. 😟

·
Registered
5 Posts
The grant has always used the RRP including ANY factory options AND registration / delivery fees.

So any options fitted by the dealer prior to collection are not taken into account.
(most options fitted to a Leaf for example are actually dealer fitted and not factory fitted)

So for example (all hypothetical figures):

Leaf RRP: £48,999
Registration / delivery: £1,000
Dealer fitted options: £4,000

Total = £53,999, this still qualifies for the full PICG so you would only pay £50,999

Polestar2: £49,900
Registration / delivery included: £0 (*Price includes: collection from your nearest Polestar Space or delivery to your chosen location, 75% battery charge, number plates, first registration fee and Vehicle Excise Duty.)
Options: £900 (any colour but black)

Total £50,800

So if you want ANYTHING other than black or any option added then it would not qualify for the PICG. 😟
That would mean any Tesla M3 options are treated as dealer fitted options, as any options added to base price of £49,000 doesn't affect the PiCG qualification.

M3 LR £49000
Full self driving £5800
Delivery+ doc fee £990
PiCG -£3000

£52790

This seems peculiar, as Tesla don't have dealerships.

·
Registered
72 Posts
It's interesting - Tesla specifically state this:-

Vehicles with a list price under £50,000 before application of optional extras

If that really is true (I don't think it is to be honest), then all PS2 models would get the PICG - no matter what paint / performance pack etc.

-edit-

Hmm...

"NB: Delivery Fee, First Registration and Optional Extras are not included in the calculation of purchase price."

(that's an old document from 2018 but still...)

·
Live by the sword. Don't intend to die by it.
670 Posts
I suspect that there will be a lot of black P2s on the road! Looks like any other paint colour than void will push the car over the 50K limit - the customer service lady did not indicate that there would be any movement on the £900 option price for any non-default colour, so that means it will actually cost £3900. Not keen on black personally, but I am not THAT unkeen.
As I understand it, the grant doesn't work like that. On the Tesla configurator, a fully optioned Model 3 Long Range (which comes to well over £50k) shows the grant-included price. It looks like cars are approved based on their basic price regardless of optional equipment.

·
Registered
25 Posts
Thanks for that link. The information is pretty clear: the grant ignores options.

So, provided the base price (+VAT, VED and number plates) is < 50K then the grant is available.

Although this document has been around for a while I can't see why these rules would change; what has changed is the level of grant and its applicability.

The next problem is that according to the email received from Polestar this morning I may never get to test drive the car before delivery. I need to think about that before I push the go button.

·
Registered
17 Posts
I raised the test drive question in my conversation with a person from Polestar when they called the other week, the response was that they hoped to get people into test drives once lockdown was over: but before deliveries start. Obviously this is wholly dependant on Government decisions.

·
Registered
17 Posts
I have had a call from the UK customer support, they said that the option to confirm would be coming soon, but no detail was available on call - especially around lease options. So you have already changed your reservation into a confirmed order then?
Have many people in this chat confirmed their Polestar 2 order yet? I went for the Midnight with optional tow bar, so fingers crossed it arrives by September....

·
Registered
9 Posts
I have had a call from the UK customer support, they said that the option to confirm would be coming soon, but no detail was available on call - especially around lease options. So you have already changed your reservation into a confirmed order then?
Yes, had an email inviting me to convert to a confirmed order on Wednesday this week

·
Live by the sword. Don't intend to die by it.
670 Posts
I think if you're a cash buyer, they will let you worry about the details. For people buying on finance or taking a lease, they're still working out the details.

·
Registered
25 Posts
Do you think the tow bar could be fitted by the dealer post-delivery? Reason for asking is that I am not sure if I want to supplement the storage with a roofbox or one of those boxes that clamps onto the tow hitch. I though I could delay the decision until a few people had experienced either and then see what the feedback is.

·
Registered
25 Posts
Yes - I have read that the trailer hitch box is more efficient (presumably less drag).

However.... the P2 charge port is the rear left corner, which is going to mean reversing up to most chargers:
  • Is the reversing camera obscured?
  • Is the tethered cable for a Polar or whatever charge long enough to reach past the box to the charge point?
The other factor is the impact on handling of a, say, 50Kg weight hanging out the back end.

·
Registered
15,403 Posts
Yes - I have read that the trailer hitch box is more efficient (presumably less drag).

However.... the P2 charge port is the rear left corner, which is going to mean reversing up to most chargers:
  • Is the reversing camera obscured?
  • Is the tethered cable for a Polar or whatever charge long enough to reach past the box to the charge point?
The other factor is the impact on handling of a, say, 50Kg weight hanging out the back end.
I could do it with the Tesla and a three bike hitch mounted carrier - although it was tight.

The Supercharger cables are very short, so presumably you shouldn’t have a problem with the Polestar on most charging points.

I don’t think you’ll notice the weight on a BEV as they are fairly heavy in the first place. Probably stay off any race track with the box fitted though.

581 - 600 of 741 Posts