Speak EV - Electric Car Forums banner

621 - 640 of 741 Posts

·
Live by the sword. Don't intend to die by it.
670 Posts
Sad times, sorry to hear that. You're not the only one. It doesn't help that Polestar still haven't confirmed whether the car qualifies for government grant, and have released no finance figures. They're supposed to be delivering the first cars in four or five weeks!

·
Registered
72 Posts
The OLEV grant thing is the government dragging their feet, not PS. Should be resolved imminently fingers crossed.

I've got a BMW 530e at the moment - lease runs out mid July. The PS2 is going to save my company about 400 quid a month, and save me personally about 350 a month in BIK. So it's a bit of a no-brainer so I'm still going ahead, even if it will just sit on the drive most of the time. I'm using my car about once a week at the moment...

·
Registered
222 Posts
My one dislike is colours are just shades of grey - this suggest Volvo/Polestar are expecting their to be a recession by Feb 2020 - as colour is linked to prosperity.

Thunder is my favourite.
Can you pick my lottery numbers for me

·
Registered
60 Posts
Hi Guys,

Although I cancelled my Pre-Order for the Polestar 2, I still read all the information about the car and I came across this report so I thought I would post it here....

Polestar Aims To Improve Charging Convenience In Europe

Polestar has teamed up with Plugsurfing in Europe in order to improve EV public charging convenience before initial Polestar 2 customer deliveries kick off. The ‘2’ is now available in Belgium, Germany, Netherlands, Norway, Sweden, Switzerland and the UK.

Plugsurfing is offering over 195,000 compatible EV charging points, while also providing a convenient solution to accessing and paying for electricity from multiple public charging service providers.

“This international European partnership with Plugsurfing is the first of these solutions and it paves the way for more partnerships which will also include national and local solutions,” said Polestar CEO, Thomas Ingenlath.

Through this partnership, the Swedish brand can offer its customers the flexibility to charge easily when traveling abroad. What Plugsurfing does is they basically remove any such requirements as needing foreign bank accounts or local mobile phone numbers in order to charge your vehicle in other countries.

“The Plugsurfing RFID tag, which will be supplied as standard with every new Polestar 2 in Europe, allows owners to reduce the number of apps, accounts and authentication processes required to charge their cars from the thousands of different charging service providers in the region. Customers will register an account with Plugsurfing, and thus benefit from one payment and authentication solution rather than requiring unique apps and accounts for a multitude of charging service providers.”

Upon receiving their car, future Polestar 2 owners will be advised with regards to the charging infrastructure and how to utilize the Plugsurfing solution.

Cheers

Phil

·
Registered
25 Posts
Polestar Aims To Improve Charging Convenience In Europe

Polestar has teamed up with Plugsurfing in Europe in order to improve EV public charging convenience before initial Polestar 2 customer deliveries kick off. The ‘2’ is now available in Belgium, Germany, Netherlands, Norway, Sweden, Switzerland and the UK.

Plugsurfing is offering over 195,000 compatible EV charging points, while also providing a convenient solution to accessing and paying for electricity from multiple public charging service providers.
Can't say I am wildly excited - coverage in UK isn't great (no Polar that I can see) and it would be cheaper on Ionity with a credit card (e0.77 vs gbp0.64 with no service or billing charges). I am also a bit confused about their FAQ statement about VAT - which they appear to charge at 20% in the UK. I thought that VAT on leccy was only around 5%?

·
Registered
17 Posts
I was pleased to see the Plugsurfing announcement, however when I checked out some UK chargers (admittedly only a couple) I was surprised to see their fees, so I checked on Zapmap and discovered that there appears to be a 10p per kWh premium for using Plugsurfing over the Zapmap price using the normal payment methods. (Swindon, Engenie @ Manor Farm - 48p Plugsurfing, 36p stated on Zapmap)

·
Registered
10 Posts
Where Plugsurfing comes in beneficial is holiday drives on the continent where there are loads of different networks. As of last year, many of them still required a RFID fob though I assume they will switch to contactless soon enough

·
Registered
25 Posts
Where Plugsurfing comes in beneficial is holiday drives on the continent where there are loads of different networks. As of last year, many of them still required a RFID fob though I assume they will switch to contactless soon enough
Yes - I can see that having one card that works across multiple euro providers would be a good thing (it would also be a good thing in the UK as well). However, whilst I don't mind paying a premium for convenience as I whip across Europe for my holiday destination I am certainly not interested in paying one for normal use in the UK. I would have thought that the benefit of these e-mobility schemes would come from a lower pricing model than ad hoc use of a charging network.

I am investigating alternatives, such as Maingau that appear to offer basically the same functionality but at a lower price.

·
Registered
17 Posts
I have seen that Octopus Energy in the UK is looking at something similar call "Electric Juice" but only with a limited number of providers so far. As far as I can see, the requirement for widespread introduction of debit card payments would remove the need for multiple RFID cards/Apps - so I agree that the idea of joining a scheme would really be for some discount or loyalty scheme.

·
Registered
10 Posts
I agree for domestic use, there are better options. The competition is only going to increase in the next year as new entrants provide alternatives to Plugsurfing

·
Registered
222 Posts
This to me is welcome news. I am torn between Model Y and Polestar 2 at the moment, my main concern with all CCS type cars was charging on the continent and this was pushing me towards the Tesla option. But as SWMBO pointed out if we had to use the Ionity sites a couple of times on our trip it would not be the end of the world as the savings from all other journeys would make up for it.
Once contactless is standard across Europe and we can dispense with apps and RFID cards the better it will be.

·
Registered
25 Posts
Our first cars have already left our factory and are en route to our customers. Please be assured that we are taking all necessary precautions and together with our partners are doing our utmost to deliver your Polestar 2 to you as soon as possible.

When you placed your order we gave you an estimated delivery date. Now that the production and transportation of your car is progressing, we would like to give you a more accurate estimation to help you to make your own plans. We are currently on track to arrange first individual handovers from August.

In around seven weeks we’ll send you an invitation to confirm any last details such as financing options or any Extras you’ve chosen. At that point we will also share more details regarding the handover arrangements of your Polestar 2

·
Registered
162 Posts
Interesting to start to see articles about a UK EV trade in scheme coming in the near future - 6k apparantly against trading in a old diesel/petrol.. I may well be back in the market for P2 sooner than i expected

·
Registered
95 Posts
I saw the Select Car Leasing offer earlier this week and fired an email off to them, though i don't see me needing a car until towards the end of the year.

Surprised a third party can offer pricing yet Polestar are unable to.

My I-Pace went back this week, so now down to a Qashqai and pedal bikes!

621 - 640 of 741 Posts