Speak EV - Electric Car Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all, just wondered if anyone has managed to replace the i3 pollen/cabin filter. I can find tutorials for left hand drive i3's and lit ooks quite simple (dealer wants £93 to do it which does seem expensive) but nothing for right hand vehicles. I believe it's down in the driver footwell but unsure how the trim comes off. Any advice much appreciated.

·
Registered
3,763 Posts
Go to the MANN FILTERS website, select car, BMW, i3, pollen filter etc.
There's step by step instruction with photos for the filter selected.

Regards

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks for the quick reply. Had a look on the MANN site but it also only seems to show left hand vehicle installation.
Regards

·
Registered
13 Posts
Hi all, just wondered if anyone has managed to replace the i3 pollen/cabin filter. I can find tutorials for left hand drive i3's and lit ooks quite simple (dealer wants £93 to do it which does seem expensive) but nothing for right hand vehicles. I believe it's down in the driver footwell but unsure how the trim comes off. Any advice much appreciated.
I YouTubed it, but I also posted some info on my Instagram, Funcentric. Hopefully that helps. The main thing is that it's dark down there so do it in the day time and have a flashlight with plenty of space next to your car to keep your feet. If I were to do it again, it would take maybe 15 minutes but it took about 30 minutes b/c I was still trying to find screws, etc. I imagine it's also under the footwell on Right hand drive cars.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks SIPABIT. I ended up having to shell out to the Dealer as they say they can't turn off the service light unless they carry out ALL the service tasks. I've logged this info for next time service due (i.e. when car no longer in warranty) and will hopefully take it to smaller local garage. Managed to bring dealer down on price as £93 for a pollen filter is ludicrous.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts