Speak EV - Electric Car Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I drive 38 mile to work each day with my local radio station on, about 2/3 into my journey the reception on my radio becomes fuzzy and I end up changing to another local station which is clearer. I thought it must be the radio stations transmitting signal, but when the Leaf was in for the brake issue the other day I borrowed my dads 2013 Micra, I managed to listen to my favourite radio station all the way to work and back without a single crackle.
Does anyone else have issues with radio signals?

·
Registered
245 Posts
@Lee I have a 2013 Acenta which I have owned for 3 months and from the day I received it I have had problems with the radio reception. I took it back to the dealer and they said the radio unit needs to be replaced. This was 2 months ago and I'm still waiting.

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Interesting Andrew, I may call the local dealer for there advise. Will probably require an appointment.

·
Registered
245 Posts
I booked mine in with some other warranty issues but the radio took them the longest time to investigate. They even has to call Nissan UK for technical support to find the root cause. I assumed that it would be an antenna issue but they say this was all tested and the radio module his at fault. They also said a replacement is around £3500 so I guess that's why they they're not it in a hurry.

·
Registered
1,346 Posts
My radio is useless on the leaf, but 5 months lease left so I've given up chasing... I only really use spotify, beyondpod, tunein

·
Registered
538 Posts
Lee We have a 2013 Acenta with the same problem. Fuzzy radio reception everywhere.

·
Registered
112 Posts
Make sure you have alternative frequencies setting turned off. I wondered why all my BBC channels had become fuzzy. Seems my kid must have turned this on when playing around in the car.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts