Speak EV - Electric Car Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Apologies if this has been discussed elsewhere but I have an issue with My A3 E-tron .
When playing audio via radio or bluetooth or direct over MMI connection the sound quality is really poor with no volume or depth of sound.
I have discovered that if I re-set the MMI (by pressing the three buttons at once) that the problem is cured and sound is great. Unfortunately as soon as I switch the car off the problem reappears.
Anybody else suffered this or got any advice

·
Registered
70 Posts
Not something I've noticed so far, no. I do find the maximum volume of the sound system to be somewhat lacking, but that's probably not a defect. I should have opted for the B&O system!

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks Oyster but the difference is massive.
When it's bad there is no increase in volume between 20 and 32 only an increase in distortion.
Once reset it's fine.
I know there are bigger issues in the world it just annoys me......That and the awful satnav

·
Registered
70 Posts
Yeah, sounds like something is amiss there; definitely worth speaking to your dealer about it.

Agree about the SatNav; clunky functionality, poor to navigate and visually unattractive - Google Maps on my phone every time!

·
Registered
195 Posts
Never encountered the issue you've had. I'll post if it does happen.
At times the settings on mine will reset to the defaults (B&O system), not sure why. I've raised it with the dealer but everything seems fine from their analysis.
Seems to happen after a long charge.
But I do know that each band (FM/AM/Media/Sat) needs to be set individually. That prob isn't new info to you or doesn't help you though.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Would take it back to the dealer to check the connections, update the firmware because it isn't normal to have that audio issue. In my previous car,I had to swap OEM head unit from Pioneer out twice,and finally replaced with after market brand,Alpine.

I am "okay" with the nav.for the MMI so far because it has routed me properly on a 2400km/1490 mile road trip . The GUI is archaic compared to my Alpine,along with good traffic routing that I had. Best nav.routing's still with my portable Garmin,it gives real time traffic even when it's NOT routing.

Audio sound, I have the B&O,and find it pretty good,not as good as my Alpine combined with Focal speakers, Pioneer in rear with tweeters. A friend who had a Q5 had B&O,and it didn't sound very good in comparison,along with the "known"crackling issue.

·
Registered
11 Posts
This was one of the many issues I had with my etron in the first year of ownership. I couldn't find anyone else who had experienced the same problem until now!

The problem was reasonably quickly diagnosed by Bristol Audi as a software bug with an update they had done to the MMI to sort out a previous issue I'd had. However, they found that they could not roll back the software and instead had to pass the issue over to Germany for them to sort out. After many trips to the garage and lots of my time hassling both Bristol Audi, Audi UK and Poole Audi (where I bought the car), over about a 9 month period, they eventually found a fix.

The software was updated about 2 months ago and the audio has been fine ever since.

Maybe ask your dealer to check with Bristol Audi for the history on how they dealt with my vehicle?

·
Registered
3 Posts
Apologies if this has been discussed elsewhere but I have an issue with My A3 E-tron .
When playing audio via radio or bluetooth or direct over MMI connection the sound quality is really poor with no volume or depth of sound.
I have discovered that if I re-set the MMI (by pressing the three buttons at once) that the problem is cured and sound is great. Unfortunately as soon as I switch the car off the problem reappears.
Anybody else suffered this or got any advice

Yes I have exactly the same , I have just got in the habit of resetting when starting up. Two cars were delivered to our work at the same time last August with the same software problem.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Would you mind sharing the reset procedure? I recently noticed my Bluetooth streaming sounded far poorer than the satellite radio, for instance, and I'm curious if I have this issue.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hi ralphdans, i've got exactly the same issue with my Audi A3 Quattro sportback 2015, could you please tell me if you've got any solution or how to make the MMI rest automaticly each times when you start the engine

thanks

·
Registered
3 Posts
Hi reset procedure is to hold down menu / dial button and top right of the silver buttons at the same time. This process is documented in the manual at some place. Hope this helps.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts