Speak EV - Electric Car Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Super Moderator
7,508 Posts
Excellent! Nothing like a bit of competition to sharpen your focus! It'll be interesting to see if Porsche intend to -match- the Model S, or surpass it. If they only go for matching they're into a loser I think, as I don't think it'll be long before the Model S switches to a ~115kwh pack, along with a power boost.

·
Registered
6,865 Posts
Whilst the Tesla is a little uninspired design-wise, it's still a fairly cohesive design.

The current Panemera is very clumsy, the spyshots of the new one looks better, but it's still not my cup of tea..

It's a real shame Porsche aren't a bit braver, and stop making their cars look like VW Beetles that have been compressed or stretched in various dimensions. (The 924/944/9268 and 928 showed they can do it if they want.) Why does their electric car need to hark back to antiquated days of an air cooled engine slung out the back of a cheap car?

BMW are clearly using the i series as a way to introduce some dramatic styling choices not open to there regular line up, it would be nice if Porsche would do the same.

Of course the real battle will be the Tesla X vs the Cayenne. Let's not forget Porsche have sold more Cayennes than any other model in their line-up for years now.

·
Registered
1,954 Posts
Great news, there has never been a better time to win the lottery
Yeah, but by the time Porsche brought out their full EV, you would have spent all your lotto money, LOL! :D

Excellent! Nothing like a bit of competition to sharpen your focus! It'll be interesting to see if Porsche intend to -match- the Model S, or surpass it. If they only go for matching they're into a loser I think, as I don't think it'll be long before the Model S switches to a ~115kwh pack, along with a power boost.
I have no doubt it would sharpen up the competition only if Porsche price their EVs appropriately, chances are theirs would probably cost £10-15k more than the equivalent ModelS ??

Whilst the Tesla is a little uninspired design-wise, it's still a fairly cohesive design.

The current Panemera is very clumsy, the spyshots of the new one looks better, but it's still not my cup of tea..

I always quite fancy the Panamera, even now I would go on their configurater and build one up to see how much one would cost with different options, I was looking at a diesel, then the GTS, now hybrid :confused::rolleyes::D

·
Registered
6,865 Posts
Yeah, but by the time Porsche brought out their full EV, you would have spent all your lotto money, LOL! :D

I have no doubt it would sharpen up the competition only if Porsche price their EVs appropriately, chances are theirs would probably cost £10-15k more than the equivalent ModelS ??

I always quite fancy the Panamera, even now I would go on their configurater and build one up to see how much one would cost with different options, I was looking at a diesel, then the GTS, now hybrid :confused::rolleyes::D
If you like them, now's a decent time to get one.. I've seen a few very good deals on Contract Hire come through recently ;)

1 - 8 of 8 Posts