Speak EV - Electric Car Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Looking to acquire one - for emergencies - does anybody have recommendation?
Being quoted upwards of £350
Is there a second hand market?
thanks

·
Registered
279 Posts
Is a Model S compatible with 3rd party / DIY / non-Tesla EVSE given that it apparently accepts both CHAdeMO DC input via an adaptor and supercharging DC directly via the Type 2 connector?

·
Super Moderator
7,478 Posts
Is a Model S compatible with 3rd party / DIY / non-Tesla EVSE given that it apparently accepts both CHAdeMO DC input via an adaptor and supercharging DC directly via the Type 2 connector?
Technically not a Type2 socket on the Tesla, but a Type 2 compatible one.

The type2 standard does actually allow for DC up to 140A, using all the AC pins as DC pins, but I don't think that's ever been deployed.

·
Registered
1,600 Posts
most type 2 evses seem to work, I have the one from evconnectors some use the BMW I3 one, there are quite a few to choose from

·
Registered
5,817 Posts
Open EVSE is probably your best bet. Or a Juicebox. You could possibly squeeze it in at under £200, but you'd be doing a lot of work yourself. Otherwise nuWorldEnergy have a sale on.

·
Registered
1,494 Posts
Aparently a lot of 13amp to type two cables dont work with Zoes. They aparently trip the earth trips on the units. So if you have a Zoe make sure the cable works before you buy it. It does explain why Renault can get away with around £500 for one of these. I gather a few owners have ended up getting them after trying various units.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts