Speak EV - Electric Car Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone heard of a portable evse for a 32a or 16a commando socket so it charges quicker than the granny lead on my Leaf?

Like the 3 pin lead but 32a rated. The Tesla has one, but with a type 2 lead.

·
Registered
499 Posts
Yes, I bought a 16A Nissan one from a chap on here 18 months ago (16A Commando via EVSE brick to type 1 connector). It's not generally sold in the UK, more of a Continental Europe thing I think.
Not heard of a 32A one though there is a DIY project where you can make your own (another thread on here some time ago).

·
Registered
61 Posts
I have a chargemaster/britishgs charger mounted on some wood with a 16A commando socket it on for when camping. Cost less than £150 to put together.

·
Registered
886 Posts

·
Registered
141 Posts
I made a 32a commando to type 1 EVSE using parts from http://evbitz.uk/ I use every time I charge at home and a fair few times on the zero carbon world points.

I got mine PAT tested for piece of mind.

I was looking into supporting 16a as well, but decided it wasn't worth the effort and made up a 16a commando to 13 pin plug adapter for the 10a charger.

To properly support 16a and 32a, I think you would want to have both 16a and 32a mcb's, and I could't figure out how to make it fool proof enough to be sure that my partner didn't accidentally try and charge at 32a on a 16 socket.

·
Registered
MG ZS EV Exclusive
339 Posts
Some great links from donald and bitmanev. However with the £ nearly at parity with the € the costs are too prohibitive

1 - 11 of 11 Posts