Speak EV - Electric Car Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
4,989 Posts
That's nice for Portishead, but what happens when 2 CCS vehicles turn up wanting to share the same charger? I think I saw one CCS, one CHAdeMO and a Zoe charging on the Type 2 AC. Obviously arranged that way for the video. It will be interesting to see how often it's possible to charge 4 cars at once.

·
Registered
Hyundai Ioniq 28
8,373 Posts
This is another example of the grant system managing to create another LA inspired quango with the main focus being to enhance the green credentials of the council. They have formed an in-house company called Revive from the tarnished remnants of its failed predecessor. Rather than simply contract existing charger companies with vast proven experience in the field they have spent £7m on a start-up. And if past experience of Council run chargers can be a measure of future performance we could well see the same abysmal repair and maintenance again. Sometimes I despair at the ineptitude of OLEV.
New and improved electric vehicle charging network launches (bristol.gov.uk)

·
Registered
BMW i3
2,157 Posts
It does seem odd, as there's a pair of very good Instavolts on the opposite side of the road - I use them regularly (while grabbing a meal in the Wetherspoon) so I don't understand the justification for the new ones.

·
Registered
60 Posts
I must admit that I found these chargers excellent on my recent trip from Cheshire to Cornwall. The Instavolts were rammed out but I was able to get a good charge whilst having lunch at the nearby Aqua restaurant. Lovely location by the harbour. Used them on the way back as well as they were at the half way point on my journey north.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts