Speak EV - Electric Car Forums banner
21 - 34 of 34 Posts

· Registered
117 Posts
I emailed Charging Solutions and got the following reply from their MD:

Hi Nigel
Thank you for the feedback on the P&R unit at Portsmouth.
I will get this checked out and resolved as soon as is possible.

best regards
James

I notice that Charging Solutions are part of Chargemaster PLC.....

· Registered
337 Posts
Discussion Starter · #22 ·
I spoke to James at Charging solutions on 30th of April and followed up the same day by e mail as he requested - never heard anything back.
At first he said it wasn't one of theirs but I said "its got your name on it" and sent him the photo.

· Registered
337 Posts
Discussion Starter · #23 ·
Just received this from Portsmouth Council so here's hoping...

"Hello, I have had the charging point repaired and tested and as far as I can say it is working, unfortunately I am not able to test the charge. Please accept my apology for the delay in getting things working. The unit is free to use please plug in and press the button, if you experience problems please contact me."

· Registered
337 Posts
Discussion Starter · #25 ·
Yes I tried again Sunday - same result :(. When he said "repaired" it turns out all they did was flip a breaker - I've reported it yet again...

· Registered
76 Posts
shame, alternative would have been Gunwharf. £6.90 to park, and £8.50 to charge - courtesy of chargemaster.

Managed to crawl to Nissan in Waterlooville on way home though for a Rapid charge.. Thanks Nissan!

Didn't really want to use Chargemaster as they may start to think their tariffs are fair.

· Registered
337 Posts
Discussion Starter · #29 ·
Some of you will know this but just to update this thread they have now replaced the post and it works fine. There is even an outlet for both reserved parking spaces now (used to be one for both!). Its free and easy, no cards just an old fashioned on / off switch.
Land vehicle Vehicle Motor vehicle Car Vehicle door

· Registered
628 Posts
Looks like the same post that was there over Christmas. There's a bizarre story behind this post; let's just say that is supposed to be a Rapid Charger. Which in a Park and Ride is rather silly.

· BEV road warrior
655 Posts
Some of you will know this but just to update this thread they have now replaced the post and it works fine. There is even an outlet for both reserved parking spaces now (used to be one for both!). Its free and easy, no cards just an old fashioned on / off switch. View attachment 4213
Can someone explain the need for the padlocking of the cable to ones wheel. I couldn't make this happen on my blue Python cable if I tried it's just too thick. Does it not get locked in? Second time I have seen this.

· Registered
337 Posts
Discussion Starter · #33 ·
If you mean "why" - its because the Ampera doesn't lock the cable so it stops it being nicked.
If you mean "how" - I use a chain and the padlock then goes through that.

21 - 34 of 34 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.