Speak EV - Electric Car Forums banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
1,449 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Bjorn video has some rumour info about a possible update to the i-Pace later this year which will unlock some more range due to the ongoing data monitoring of the battery and systems they have been doing, HVAC, heatpump, heat scavenging improvements, etc.

info is at about 05:40 mins

·
Registered
213 Posts
Sounds good, seeing as I've just ordered one through my business.

Not that range really matters to me, what the I-Pace already manages is far more than I'll ever need, as I'd rather cycle 6 miles or so to the train station and travel further afield by train, than sit in traffic jams, going absolutely nowhere.

·
Chartered Engineer
1,859 Posts
Tesla managed this with the S where the RWD models received an OTA update which improved range by around 5% so it’s quite feasible. This is one of the big plus points for owning a connected car assuming JLR follow the same principle and don’t insist on a dealer visit to install the update.

·
Registered
1,449 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
It seems the legacy manufs are being cautious with batteries, JLR, Merc, Audi etc. until they have some experience under their belts of real life usage and a lot more data to assess. Looks promising.

·
Registered
112 Posts
I’ve just had 19B and the H253 fix and I suddenly noticed this morning the range said 277 on fully charge when it’s been around 212 before.
mind you, it did take 9 off for the 3ml trip to the pool and back, but we live in hope

·
Registered
1 Posts
I’ve just had 19B and the H253 fix and I suddenly noticed this morning the range said 277 on fully charge when it’s been around 212 before.
mind you, it did take 9 off for the 3ml trip to the pool and back, but we live in hope
Have you been able to see if there is a real improvement in diving range?

·
Registered
112 Posts
Off on the first long trip tomorrow, so I guess I’ll find out. It seems to have dropped back to about 245 estimate when full, possibly because it’s getting short trips at present and using lots of heating and wipers

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hi All

I am a new I Pace owner (4 weeks) and have been sent a screen shot of an I Pace article from ?Autocar, stating that they have had an upgrade that has increased battery range to 256. It's early days but I range between 201 and 220. Has the upgrade been released, and if it has, is it done via dealer or over the air?
Thanks in anticipation of your help and advice.

·
Registered
58 Posts
I think this is a complete red herring - the car went into the dealer for a software upgrade and this will have reset the range calculation. Once they start driving the car, especially in these conditions, they will find it goes back down to the 200 - 210 range.

·
Registered
112 Posts
You’re absolutely right that’s what happened.
what made me optimistic was that the car was delivered new with a range estimate of 210

·
Registered
279 Posts
Just to add I’m also seeing 201 mile range most days now. Not an issue for my usage so all good.
Was expecting it to drop below 200 with recent temperature drop. Almost like it’s clinging on to a +200 reading somehow .........

·
Registered
2013 Volt
203 Posts
I'm not quite following why the conclusion reached in this thread so far seems to have been skeptical, and I don't have an I-Pace, but indeed it appears Jaguar has officially announced the improvement rumored when this thread was started 3 months ago. I came here to talk about it because to me as a potential buyer, and as an industry-follower, it's really heartening to see this. I think this will help the I-Pace a little in the US.... not just the increase in range, but the overall broader point that Jaguar is taking its lumps early on, but learning, and standing behind the vehicle, and improving it and thus behaving in a way that is oriented toward customer-satisfaction. To me, that's important.

·
Registered
1,744 Posts
EDIT : just realised its another article about the same above - still, as jlsoaz said its great to see this kind of after market service

·
Registered
3 Posts
I updated my 2019 i-pace HSE to Incontrol Touch Pro Software 19c on 10th Dec. I was able to do using the touchscreen at home in my car porch over my wi-fi. No USB stick required. It took about 15 minutes. My Jaguar dealer sent an email telling me it was avaiable, claiming the update will increase average range by about 8% by removing some of Jaguars own limits on battery capacity, improving regenerative breaking and adjustements to how the air vent work etc. Before the update, in Comfort Driving mode I was acheiving about 230mile on a full charge. This is mostly in cold weather, with lights windscreen wipers, air-con, strereo and charing my phone - the lot!). Interesting to see if this update increases the range. Jaguar also said it will improve the responsiveness of the onboard software, which does appear true. The users guide were updated at the same time which gives you confidence.
Very impressed with Jaguars committment to continually improving the car and their customer service to date.

·
Registered
4 Posts
There is an update to give 8% increased range but it takes a couple of hours and has to be done at the dealers. The update reference is H264. The update is not available over the air. The Incontrol update to 19C is for some minor bug fixes to the infotainment system and won't improve your range.

·
EV Convert
iPace HSE / 2019
619 Posts
Shadwellal is correct. VoltFace is not.

·
EV Convert
iPace HSE / 2019
619 Posts
You will do. About 20 miles or so. Also new clocks, better regen with a full battery.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts