Speak EV - Electric Car Forums banner

1 - 20 of 59 Posts

·
Registered
307 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all,

Saw this posted on the facebook group, couldn't spot anything on here about it, so apologies if it's a duplicate. However, some people have observed when they sign in to the Nissan You Plus page they are getting a message about a recall

I've just logged in to it for my 40KwH Tekna and sure enough I have the same message

This will be bloody annoying if the case as its just been in for its first service only 2 days ago

RECALL ALERT

LITHIUM-ION BATTERY EARTH PLAT

Seems to be same for the older cars also

Attachments

·
Registered
10 Posts
I too have on Nissan you plus screen.

I called my dealer to book it i and they said they can't see any recall and I should contact Nissan direct.

Just chatted with someone on Nissan site on live chat they it's a mistake.

He said

"I can confirm that there are no outstanding recalls on your Nissan Leaf, apologies that your You+Nissan account is informing you this."

·
Registered
1,666 Posts
I'm getting it too, but the gov.uk site doesn't show it yet, but warns that their information may be not up to date.

·
Registered
877 Posts
I just login to youplusnissan and the same waning is showing.
Called My preferred dealer and they said that there is no active recall to my car.
"You can ignore the message."
I was told that there was a recall back in December but was already dealt with on my last visit. I didn't even knew about it :)

In conclusion, probably the warning is showing to all Leaf's and a phone call just confirms if your car needs to go there or not.

·
Registered
22 Posts
You+ Nissan is a joke at this point. It's so slow, out of date. Heck - the picture of mine is clearly the outline of a QuashQai.

I'll mention it when it goes for a service in a few months. Otherwise, they can write to me.

·
Registered
220 Posts
If there is a recall, then they can write to me, I don't use connect services anymore, life is too short!
When my Prius had recalls, Toyota always sent me a letter in the post. They never resorted to pop-ups or notifications on my account web portal.

Then again, didn't I read on this forum that Nissan don't do recalls (tongue in cheek), only Technical Bulletins and advisories that even Nissan dealers can't get their heads round :D

·
Registered
65 Posts
Has anyone actually identified if this is a valid update? Called Nissan Customer Service who are aware of this message, but couldn’t tell me much about it other than referring me to my local dealer. Can’t be bothered to contact them at the moment so like everyone has said, if an update is required they can contact me via snail mail.

·
Registered
65 Posts
So I contacted my dealer about the recall who checked the status car by its VIN and then advised that no recall is showing up.

So I am even more confused!

The nature of the recall message indicates that it is related to the HV battery, so would assume it was quite serious. But if Nissan UK cannot provide and info about the recall, band neither can the dealer, then this is quite worrying!

Somebody / someone must have uploaded the alert, especially as it indicates that this is VIN related.

I feel that Nissan have no duty of care to their customers. Has anyone actually managed to identify what this “recall” is about? Has anyone had any feedback from their dealer?

·
Registered
277 Posts
NISSAN don't know if they want a shave or an haircut, the recall is quite possibly erroneous, I wouldn't give it any further thought until a letter arrives in the post or at the very least an email.

·
Registered
1 Posts
So I contacted my dealer about the recall who checked the status car by its VIN and then advised that no recall is showing up.

So I am even more confused!

The nature of the recall message indicates that it is related to the HV battery, so would assume it was quite serious. But if Nissan UK cannot provide and info about the recall, band neither can the dealer, then this is quite worrying!

Somebody / someone must have uploaded the alert, especially as it indicates that this is VIN related.

I feel that Nissan have no duty of care to their customers. Has anyone actually managed to identify what this “recall” is about? Has anyone had any feedback from their dealer?
Saw this alert yesterday, and found this thread along with another post on insideevs.com which seemed to confirm this is a genuine recall (insideevs.com/news/361415/corroding-bonding-plates-nissan-leaf/)

My dealer also knew nothing, advised me to call Nissan - and the person I spoke to gthere confirmed it is a genuine alert, and my dealer should contact them.

Just got a call back from the dealer - they told me that this alert hasn't gone properly live - so isn't registering on all systems and they can't book the car in yet. Apparently Nissan will be getting it out and should be notifying LEAF owners properly, but dealer couldn't give me a date estimate.

If the issue is the same as the one on the insideevs page, sounds to me like it is potentially serious, but unlikely to show for a few years, if at all.

If people have been seeing this alert on the Nissan systems for 2 months and it still hasn't gone out properly, I'm not going to hold my breath waiting, but dealer hoped soon.

·
Registered
144 Posts
I can confirm this is a real recall - or rather it will be soon.

I saw the same alert in YOU+Nissan after being prompted by the thread. Phoned dealer who couldn't see it and told me it was generic but when I argued why it would show up against my VIN they said I could call Nissan customer support. The agent on the phone told me it was a genuine recall and that the dealer should be able to see it. I told them the dealer couldn't, so the agent phoned up the dealer while I waited, and then agreed there was a problem. They referred it to some other team. I expected it would go nowhere but was pleasantly surprised when actually I got a call back the following morning.

The guy I spoke to was helpful, and explained that this was a genuine recall but the campaign was not ready to go out yet and apologised saying it was a mistake that customers were seeing it too early - he said the plan was to notify dealers and send letters to customers at the same time, due in September. He stressed that it was nothing critical and not a safety related issue, and wouldn't affect all cars. I pressed him on whether it would actually go out in September and not be delayed for months, and he seemed very confident that it wouldn't be delayed - have to trust them on that one. I'll give them a bit of leeway and start chasing if I don't hear back by November.

Now whether the recall alert went too widely and will be narrowed down, or whether the recall will go to many people and the 'faulty' parts can only be confirmed upon inspection, I was not 100% clear on, but I got the impression it was the latter. In other words I think that everybody who can see an alert will receive a recall letter and if you choose to take the car in, then you may find out that a part needs replacing or that no action needs taking at all.

·
Registered
65 Posts
I am wondering if there are two different recalls in progress - or if the recalls are actually related to the same issue? There is a general discussion thread on the general Nissan discussion forum.

On my You+ page, I see a recall (referring to my VIN) referring to a Lithium battery earth plat. Then there is the recall that seems to (currently) only refers to US and Japanese manufactured cars and refer to corroding bolts (if I remember correctly)? Either way, Nissan Customer Services nor the dealer are aware of these and confirm that there is no active recall linked to my car...

1 - 20 of 59 Posts