Speak EV - Electric Car Forums banner

21 - 40 of 59 Posts

·
Registered
68 Posts
@JeffG - that is the billion dollar question. No one, even Nissan, are able to explain this to me!! To be, this sounds like something to doing with earthing the battery (safety feature)...? Clearly not an important “defect”, despite the fact that it “affects” many variants (not just the 40kW)...

·
Registered
302 Posts
You can tell its a wet day, I went into "You + NISSAN" (actually got in with my login!)

Another recall now!

"Recall Alert

VIN sjnfaaze1u0008***

LITHIUM-ION BATTERY EARTH PLAT

Recall Alert

VIN sjnfaaze1u0008***

INTELLIGENT EMERGENCY BRAKING"

Might just a well put "NISSAN SERVICE DEPT" down as the registered keeper on the V5.

·
Registered
3,841 Posts
I've got both now too. Have printed off the web page and am now thinking of popping up to my dealer with it to see what, if anything, they know about them.

Edit: well the bloke went off and checked and apparently they are not recalls as such - they are Technical Bulletins for a few cars that have experienced a warning message come up on the dash (for the emergency braking anyway).

·
Registered
9 Posts
For information I now have both as well.
Having recently spoken to customer services regarding the "Lithium-Ion Battery earth plat" they could not find any information on this. They suggested it could be an error or could be as mentioned in other posts that the recall may have gone out too early, and more information will follow. I also discovered that this particular recall was also mentioned in EV forums in Italy and France, but no other information other than a number of customers have had the message.
However customer services mentioned to me the "Intelligent Emergency braking" recall and they suggested that if at the dealer they queried it to mention "E news P9327" and its covered by Nissan.
My vehicle is currently at dealer having the issue with the "clicking sound" coming from the front wheel hubs, which they have diagnosed and are currently doing the required remedy. At the same time they will look at the Intelligent emergency braking recall, but they can not currently look at the Lithium-Ion Battery Earth plat issue as no one seems to be able to confirm what this relates to.
The dealer has loaned me a new 2019 Leaf whilst mine is repaired, so thats very good. The larger screen is definitely an improvement and much more responsive, and I also like the LED headlights.
(On a funny note, the French and Italian sites mention the Lithium-Ion issue, but some seem to mention in translation that the Earth is flat, not the Earth Plat !!!)

·
Registered
223 Posts
I've only got the Intelligent Emergency Braking recall notice but no details about what the issue is. I'm due to go on holiday with my Leaf 40 in a few weeks time. It will have to wait until I return. It doesn't say that it is urgent. No letter from Nissan.

Annotation 2019-08-15 033203.png

·
Registered
9 Posts
Update on recalls.
Vehicle was in having the "clicking" sound from front wheel hub rectified. Apparently repaired as instructed, new grease and new hub nuts, now quiet and running smoothly.

Lithium-Ion battery earth plat - Dealer is unaware of this and therefore could not do any work under warranty.

Intelligent Emergency braking - Dealer also unaware of this and again could not do any work under warranty.

Spoke again to customer services, and latest reply is that both these issues "exist" but have not gone "live" on the system so dealers are not yet informed as to what work may be needed. Apparently customers will be contacted as to what they will need to do, but the information on YOU + Nissan should not really have been sent out yet. This is an error by Nissan. They cannot confirm when both the issues will be known to the dealers. They said they would communicate via YOU+Nissan to the customers effected, when I queried this as to how would I know it was a "live" communication, (as the YOU + Nissan had already shown the issues) I asked to be contacted either by e mail or post, as that way I would then be able to contact the dealer who should by then have been informed by Nissan. So now just waiting on further contact.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Reply received on 19th August from a Customer Services agent at gb @ nissan-services .eu (spaces inserted to deter search engine spiders):

These particular recall campaigns are not yet applicable in the UK, and as such Nissan dealerships have not been made aware of them, or of the procedure for carrying them out.

However, they are displayed on the dashboard of Nissan Leaf vehicles registered in Europe. We are aware of the confusion this has caused, and it has been raised internally.

Please rest assured that if and when these particular recall campaigns are rolled out across UK-registered vehicles you will be made aware of them via letter.

I hope this helps.

·
Registered
68 Posts
As per my other post (on the General Nissan discussion forum), I can confirm that both recalls are now posted on the central Nissan database, accessible by the Nissan dealers.

·
Registered
68 Posts
Oh and the Intelligent Emergency Braking is not exclusive to the LEAF, but also affects the Qashqai as well... (and suspect other models which have this feature)

·
Registered
3,841 Posts
As per my other post (on the General Nissan discussion forum), I can confirm that both recalls are now posted on the central Nissan database, accessible by the Nissan dealers.
And as the letter in the post before yours says, UK users will be notified by letter when the recall is rolled out here.

·
Registered
147 Posts
There is no point pressuring or dropping in to the dealer if the recall doesn't show up on their system - they can't do the work as they wouldn't get paid for it, and they wouldn't even know what to do.

As I mentioned in my earlier post, it was clear from speaking directly to the Nissan rep that the recall (earth plate one at least) was a genuine recall and not a critical safety issue, but had not yet been rolled out / notified to the dealerships. He apologised that it showed up on the system and they were aware of it, but there is nothing that can be done by pressuing the dealerships when Nissan themselves say the recall is not ready to be actioned.

·
Registered
68 Posts
@Zilon - this is my point. The recalls are now showing up on the Nissan dealership computers, as confirmed when I had to book my car in yesterday to get some work carried out. I didn’t need to ask about the recalls as everytime a car is booked in, they automatically check for recalls and updates. Certainly my dealer knew about the intelligent emergency braking issue as this also affects other Nissan models (e.g. Qushqai). The fact that both are now in the public domain indicates that Nissan is slowly rolling out the recalls to the dealerships who should also get the instructions as to how to resolve the issue in question.

Anyway, lets wait and see and I will report back after 5th September. :)

·
Registered
28 Posts
Well it’s done, they have added the plate to prevent corrosion and they have updated the software for the emergency braking, so far the em braking appears to behaving itself but time will tell.

·
Registered
698 Posts
I wish they had a recall for the headlights occasionally coming on in daylight, then not turning off again until you turn the car off.
That's probably considered to be a 'feature' - along with some of the other irrational features adopted by Nissan.

·
Registered
229 Posts
Well it’s done, they have added the plate to prevent corrosion and they have updated the software for the emergency braking, so far the em braking appears to behaving itself but time will tell.
Thanks for that info. Will be looking out for this at 1st service in Oct.

·
Registered
3,508 Posts
Contacted my dealer last weekend. They returned the call today and it is booked in for both issues to be sorted the week after next. They reckon about three hours work.

·
Registered
36 Posts
Hi mine did show the recalls and has for a considerable time asked dealer and they new nothing looked at you+nissan this morning and notices have gone?
Fixed ? Service next week we will see.
Len

21 - 40 of 59 Posts