Speak EV - Electric Car Forums banner
421 - 440 of 468 Posts

·
Registered
181 Posts
Alan

Thanks for the headsup about the recalls reaching Scotland if and when I get a notification will keep you updated that also goes for answering these warranty questions on the replacement battery to hopefully give us all some piece of mind? Though I have my doubts lol

·
Registered
Hyundai kona 64 prem se, bmw I3 94ah rex
9 Posts
i think the claim they are in midlands/scotland is BS because as a previous user posted, they are in oxford and dropped their car off recently.
Having called and emailed hyundai, they give me conflicting information and scripted replies which makes me think its somewhat random

·
Registered
154 Posts
Last week I emailed Hyundai asking if they could give me any indication as to when my battery would be replaced. Have now got the following reply:

Hi Alan,

Thank you for your email, we are currently working in Scotland and the West Midlands area. We are not able to advise as of yet when we will be in your area but are working as hard as we can to get all these recalls done. Once we are in your area we will notify you and request you come into one of our dealerships. I hope this helps.

Kind regards,

·
Registered
60 Posts
October last year on the regular checkup they confirmed my car needs battery replacement. After 8 months of radio silence, last week they just called and said the replacement battery has arrived, come change the battery. Today they swapped it. The sticker on the new battery says 2021/12/21.

·
Registered
373 Posts
Also near Basingstoke with no news.

Had to book car for a broken cruise control switch, only to learn that Eden Basingstoke doesn’t have any EV qualified technicians any more, so I need to take it to Wokingham instead.

·
Registered
187 Posts
Also near Basingstoke with no news.

Had to book car for a broken cruise control switch, only to learn that Eden Basingstoke doesn’t have any EV qualified technicians any more, so I need to take it to Wokingham instead.
Why does a switch on the steering wheel require an EV tech? I would not accept that. It's the same switch as on the petrol version and probably half a dozen other Hyundai vehicles.

·
Registered
373 Posts
Why does a switch on the steering wheel require an EV tech? I would not accept that. It's the same switch as on the petrol version and probably half a dozen other Hyundai vehicles.
It’s because they need to do some recall work at the same time, and need an EV tech so they can resolve any issues uncovered.

It’s not too bad because I’m slightly north of Basingstoke, so Wokingham is only 12 miles away

·
Registered
653 Posts
Because anyone who is not an EV Tech isn’t deemed a ‘competent person’ to work on an electric car. If anything happened to that technician they wouldn’t be covered by their Employer’s Liability insurance. I had this issue with my VW Phaeton. Only a very select group of Master Techs were allowed to work on VW ‘upper tier’ cars - Touareg and Phaeton. They had special lifts to handle the weight of the cars and only the Master Techs were allowed to lift the wheels off the ground. It was frustrating to say the least.

·
Registered
27 Posts
HV battery replacement
Just had a phone call from my Hyundai dealer at Portsmouth to say could I bring my car in for its HV battery recall on 11th July. They said I was the first person on their list and the battery replacement will be done at the Portsmouth branch. They have said they hope the car would be ready to pick up at the end of the day or possibly next morning depending on recharging new battery to 100% after it has been fitted. I was told that Portsmouth Hyundai are tthe local centre for the HV battery replacement for this area but didn’t say how big the area covers. It sounded like they would be doing 1 car a day as the hire car I’m being given is required the next day for the next person who’s battery is being replaced.

·
Registered
476 Posts
Discussion Starter · #437 · (Edited)
HV battery replacement
Just had a phone call from my Hyundai dealer at Portsmouth to say could I bring my car in for its HV battery recall on 11th July. They said I was the first person on their list and the battery replacement will be done at the Portsmouth branch. They have said they hope the car would be ready to pick up at the end of the day or possibly next morning depending on recharging new battery to 100% after it has been fitted. I was told that Portsmouth Hyundai are tthe local centre for the HV battery replacement for this area but didn’t say how big the area covers. It sounded like they would be doing 1 car a day as the hire car I’m being given is required the next day for the next person who’s battery is being replaced.
Thanks Spider. I would be very interested in a full update after the event.
Of special interest, is there a change from the original 10 year Traction Battery Coolant replacement to the very expensive 4 year Coolant Change, mandated for newer Cars?

·
Registered
27 Posts
Having just called and spoken to Portsmouth after reading the post, the representative says all repairs are still sent off to Tetbury?
Will find out on Monday and will report back, if my car is going back to Tilbury I can’t see how I will get it back the same day or even the next morning due to the transportation time.

421 - 440 of 468 Posts