Menu >> Navigation >> Address Book >> Home Location >> Preferences >> Distance

To select how far away you are when your fanfare plays :whistle:

Great if you have teenage boys who fall asleep at every opportunity.... :D
Seriously?! :eek:

Oh I am going to have so much fun with my wife's car! :LOL:

·
Registered
6,779 Posts
I think you need to power off, then press the charge timer override button so you get the solid blue light in the middle. Then plug in.

I have been 50/50 on pressing the override button after plugging in. Elektromotiv seem okay with it, Podpoint seem to refuse to start.

·
Registered
3,756 Posts
Discussion Starter #25
I think you need to power off, then press the charge timer override button so you get the solid blue light in the middle. Then plug in.

I have been 50/50 on pressing the override button after plugging in. Elektromotiv seem okay with it, Podpoint seem to refuse to start.
Yes! This may be it! I pressed the override button while the car was powered up so this may be why the timers appeared to stay active.

Thanks - I'll note this for next time and try it (y)

·
Registered
3,756 Posts
Discussion Starter #26
Seriously?! :eek:

Oh I am going to have so much fun with my wife's car! :LOL:
Maybe this is not widely known? P'raps I'll post it in a thread of it's own

·
Registered
1,213 Posts
Just received an email from PodPoint confirming the launch of the new chargers with the new app and no more cards.

It seems you turn up at these new points and plug in and they start charging for 15 minutes. During this time you are supposed to use the app to start the charging and it will then continue. If you do not then charging will stop after 15 minutes.

If the post loses its signal it will default to continue charging and in any case it will release the cable once charging ceases. (Make sure you lock it in at the car end!)

Price will be dependent upon site owner and app will work as PAYG. It is unclear whether cards will still work on the older points. A bit of research is called for.

·
Registered
3,756 Posts
Discussion Starter #28
Yes, that's correct, the app says you have 15 minutes to get the charge started, although in my case there was no charging underway during that first 15 minutes.

·
Registered
1,956 Posts
Has anyone noticed that the Pod-Point web site (I don't have an iPhone, so their current app is useless) will refuse to tell you how much any charger costs until you've topped up your account?

So, you can't see whether your pre-payment account will need topping up daily, weekly, or annually without first committing some money. It seems like "If you have to ask, you can't afford it" mentality.

(Actually, it will tell you some of them are free, it doesn't tell you if the new posts will let you continue charging after 15 minutes or whether you actually need to go through the rigmarole of faffing with a smartphone if they are free anyway)

And on top of that, their web site doesn't let me top up. The button just changes from "Processing" back to "Add £5.00".

·
9,719 Posts
Has anyone noticed that the Pod-Point web site (I don't have an iPhone, so their current app is useless) will refuse to tell you how much any charger costs until you've topped up your account?
I wouldn't know I can't even login...I've given up - its seems half baked and for the amount of money they crowdfunded for theres really no excuse.

21 - 30 of 30 Posts