Speak EV - Electric Car Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just calling by from MINI2, having registered there over 9 years ago.

Having sold my MINI over 3 years ago, I've been using a Land Rover FL2 for the last 2 1/2 years, but company car tax and fuel costs mean it's time for a change and I'm seriously tempted by an Ampera.

I've tried one for a few days and it's a remarkable thing...

Still, a change is a little way off, but I though I'd call by and say hello anyway!

John

·
Administrator
11,835 Posts
Hello! Welcome to my new little baby forum, and thanks for saying hi. :)

How did your test go, what were your pros and cons? I saw my first static Ampera "in the metal" parked up charging this week in Milton Keynes, threw me a little as it didn't look so "freakish" as EVs can tend to do at the moment.

Perhaps we'll need a Vauxhall/GM sub-forum in the future too. :)

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Hello Paul,

Glad to be in at the beginning!

Very impressive test drive; nice to drive, quick and very quiet. Holding (hands free) phone calls at 70mph and the person I was talking to thought I was parked!

It could have been more economical on petrol power (around 43-45mpg), but on electricity it's incredible! Very usable company car and with the tax benefits, it's going to save me about £200-£250 a month in car tax alone, it should save my employer around £350 a month in fuel too. I can't see why more people aren't considering one; it'll change in time.

I have my concerns about about committing to 3 years of dealing with Vauxhall customer service and I know that electric charging points are few and far between, but I don't mind being at the cutting edge for once!

John.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thank you Abi, the same to you :D

The Ampera is top of my list, but an order is probably 6 months away. But I'm sure the time will pass fast enough!

John.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts