Speak EV - Electric Car Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
282 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I am confused about how the power button functions on the new MY2020 Ioniq EV.

It says in the manual that a single press of the power button whilst it is in the ACC position without foot on the brake pedal allows the car's warning lights to be checked amongst other functions. The graphic shows the light coming on the button.

What is the ACC position - is it a physically different position ?

Sorry to be so thick ;)

·
Registered
436 Posts
It's the same button. It means accessory. So you can keep the car on running the auxilary battery. It's better to press the button twice. You'll notice the difference by looking at the led on top of the button. It's orange if it's in one mode and blue if it's on but not driveable.. i think this is ACC.

One used the auxilary battery and the other uses the main battery.

You can also turn the car on and then using the instrument cluster select 'Utility Mode' in Convenience

·
Registered
282 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Cheers Metcast for that clear explanation :). I had realised the button lights up but it hadn't registered that it is two colours. I haven't had a chance to look at any Covenience settngs yet - there seems to be quite a lot to take in !

At least I have a manual to read now as when I picked up the car this morning the sales guy said the manual was missing and they had ordered me a replacement, An hour ago my wife was looking at the interior features and seeing how much space we have with all the seats down when she opened a compartment unfer the boot floor and in there was a nice thick manual - happy days !
(O/T - I have to say that we are both impreesed with the standard of materials used in the car and the overall finish. As an example, there is a sort of tray at the rear of the boot that you lift up to expose the tyre maintainace kit. This is in two articulated parts amd the quality and feel of the plastic type material is really good. The only niggle I have foumd so far is a small sqeak that is comimg from somewhere in the roof area on the nearside. The car is so quiet, especially on good road surfaces that you can almost hear a pin drop at low speed. I haven't got to worry though as things like sqeaks really do my wife's head in so she will quickly find it and eliminate it :)

1 - 3 of 3 Posts