Speak EV - Electric Car Forums banner
1 - 20 of 35 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have started getting this fault recently and it is permanent. From some research looks like traction control or ESC is deactivated. Anyone can help me to know how this can be activated. Don't want to take it to Renault at this stage. How can I remove this fault code?
Any help will be appreciated
Thanks
Nat
Vehicle Car Personal luxury car Motor vehicle Automotive design

·
Registered
Renault Zoe Intens Q210 22kw 2013
656 Posts
I have started getting this fault recently and it is permanent. From some research looks like traction control or ESC is deactivated. Anyone can help me to know how this can be activated. Don't want to take it to Renault at this stage. How can I remove this fault code?
Thanks
Nat
if you have a bluetooth OBD2 ELM327 diagnostic adaptor and can get internet on a windows 10 laptop I can take a look remotely if you want?
Andy.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
if you have a bluetooth OBD2 ELM327 diagnostic adaptor and can get internet on a windows 10 laptop I can take a look remotely if you want?
Andy.
Hi Andy, Thanks for your reply. I do have a OBD2 elm327 adapter. I tried connecting using CanZE on mobile phone but it couldn't connect. Are you thinking of ddt2all on windows 10 laptop?

·
Registered
656 Posts
Hi Andy, Thanks for your reply. I do have a OBD2 elm327 adapter. I tried connecting using CanZE on mobile phone but it couldn't connect. Are you thinking of ddt2all on windows 10 laptop?
that or PyREN - be very careful though, especially changing settings on anything to do with steering or braking - dont change nothing you are not sure of. - at least can render the car useless to drive at worst put you and other road users at risk (sorry for whats seems like a lecture, but you know what I mean)

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Surely, do now wish to change any parameters. Trouble is connecting using OBD2. Tried a few it doesn't connect! I have ordered a konnwei kw902 OBD2 adapter which I believe will work.
Also what is the most reliable link to get ddt2all please.

·
Registered
656 Posts
DDT4all from this russian website and choose all cars version (dont worry it being russian site it seems safe enough and free from malware) - this is a good one because has the all important vehicles folder and handily puts a shortcut on the windows 10 desktop for you to click on and start the program.

I would personally do a dump of your car's ecu settings with PyREN first then if something should go wrong then at least you may have some kind of backup to roll back to if you should need it

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Thanks Andy, that is very invaluable suggestion. Will seek enough advice before changing anything.
My Renault zoe dynamique intens auto 22kw 2014 is not listed in any of these apps. Not sure what the model code for this is. (e.g. R210, Q90,xx?? don't know)

·
Registered
656 Posts
R is 22kw max charge Renault motor - Q is 43kw max charge continental motor - heres how you tell difference under the bonnet:

when using DDT4ALL do a search of ECU's in your particular Zoe with the magnifying glass and dont just choose zoe and stab at any old ECU to change!

·
Registered
656 Posts
Thanks
Nat View attachment 149871
I tell you what though mate I have disabled my traction control before on my ZOE as a test... and you dont get that power steering fault box . Yep you do get the symbol of the skidding car and you get the messaage 'check traction control' or 'check ESC' something like that ... but not power steering fault.

How old is your 12v battery under the bonnet? when was it last time changed?

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
I bought this zoe few weeks ago. Presume the 12v battery is 5+ years old. And it was sitting and doing nothing during lockdown probably totally discharged!

·
Registered
656 Posts
I bought this zoe few weeks ago. Presume the 12v battery is 5+ years old. And it was sitting and doing nothing during lockdown probably totally discharged!
oh god yeah - renault recommend replacing 12v battery at 3 years on the zoe's even if there nothing wrong with it , low battery voltage throws up all kinds of random unrelated messages on the dash.
would you not go down that road first? change the 12v battery for a new one?

·
Zoe Devotee
9,343 Posts
Its a 2014 car, I can tell you categorically without lifting the bonnet you have a Q motor.... the R wasn't introduced until later in 2015.

·
Registered
656 Posts
That seems like a good idea. Will surely get the battery checked before going any further. Thanks
(y) dont forget to check the 12v under load as well , thats with all the headlights on and fan blower to max and wipers on - better still a garage with a heavy duty battery tester testing it under load with the battery disconnected - a good battery be floating around the 13v mark if something like 10 or 11v especially after an overnight charge it needs changing . trouble is when 12v lead acid gets old or long time worn down the plates fur up or lead acid evaporates and then battery is weak .
At least on an ICE car with all the starting with a proper starter motor the plates will flex and vibrate and shake all that crap off but you have not that in a EV what we talking around 80quid for a brand new 12v lead acid battery that will fit your zoe - be worth it , if you do get a brand new 12v battery make sure its fully charged before placing it on your Zoe - good luck

·
Registered
Tesla Model 3 LR AWD, Renault ZOE R135 ZE50 GTLine (Sold: R90 ZE40 i Dynamic Nav)
869 Posts
I bought this zoe few weeks ago...
Did it come with a service history? The sign off sheet is in the manual. Renault's service schedule recommends replacing the 12V battery every 3 years. I'd check the battery with a tester or have it checked before spending £60 or more on a replacement (changing it yourself). See Battery tester.

1 - 20 of 35 Posts