Speak EV - Electric Car Forums banner
1 - 20 of 48 Posts

·
Registered
Skoda Enyaq iV80 (2021)
81 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've just got an Enyaq and ordered my Elli 'PowerPass card. Elli is also the company that run the 'We Charge' card for VW... I don't know why they feel they needed to create yet another name for the Skoda brand. It offers a "charge free" option (no monthly subscription but you pay the full whack on services such as Ionity DC CCS charging) or "charge faster", which is free from monthly subscription for the first year after purchase and with a rate of only €0.30 per minute on Ionity here in France - but beware!: if you hit the 'free' button there's no going back and you lose the benefit of the "charge faster" offer. I'm now in a battle with Elli to get my card reset, but they are being very obstructive :(
Wheel Tire Car Font Rectangle

·
Registered
Tesla Model X 75 D
145 Posts
I might have missed something... they both have no monthly fees... But... Charge faster has considerably cheaper unit costs. In fact these are costs I would like to pay. Charge free seems to be standard prices. No idea why anyone would choose charge free.

·
Registered
Skoda Enyaq iV80 (2021)
81 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I agree, it's a no-brainer but somehow I managed to click on the "charge free" button. I've contacted Elli who run the charge cards for VW & Skoda (WeCharge & PowerPass) and they seem to know nothing... the first time I enquired they replied by asking for 'a snapshot of the error' and the phone operating system that I'm using (??) ... the second time they said it was impossible to change the tariff once set... third time: my enquiry has now been 'escalated' and I'm waiting.
I imagine there's a catch so that if you sign up for the first-year-free 'charge-faster' tariff you can't cancel it the second year, or something like that. It shows a similar arrangement on the UK part of the website - is there anyone out there with a Skoda EV who can explain, please? My French compatriots here haven't taken much notice of these tariffs as yet because the whole Elli/Skoda website is in English and doesn't seem to be available in other languages.

·
Registered
Skoda Enyaq iV80 (2021)
81 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
For those of you in the UK waiting for their Enyaq, I see that you have the same strange tariff choices as in other countries (see the attached) for the PowerPass card that you can apply for once you have received the car. You can either choose between paying £0.69/kWh with no monthly inscription for a DC connection on the motorway with Ionity, or £0.25/kWh also with no monthly subscription for the first year. It's a no-brainer, but perhaps you can't get out of the 'Charge Faster' offer at the end of the first year? I've asked Elli, the people who run PowerPass, and I haven't been able to get a straight answer. Has anyone else had any luck resolving the Powerpass service? By the way - be careful - if you sign up for the 'Charge Free' there's no going back and I've just spent the last two weeks asking for my card to be taken off that tariff so I can decide what to do later. Elli/Skoda are making this very complicated :(

·
Registered
Skoda Enyaq iV80 (2021)
81 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Can anyone please explain the Skoda Powerpass tariffs to me? - I've asked Skoda (their Powerpass people at Elli) but they haven't replied. In the Powerpass app, it gives 5 different tariff possibilities but no explanations:
Simple charge Booster at €4.99/month
Charge faster Booster at €9.99/month
Charge free (free)
Simply charge at €17.59/month
Charge faster at €22.59/month
These prices are for the Eurozone, but there are similar equivalent rates in £ for the UK
On the Powerpass website, they ask me to choose between ’No Package’ and ‘DC Package’?? - I don't know what this means, and there is no mention of “boosters”.
Why have Skoda made this so complicated? :(
We don't need five different tariffs and they don't even tell you what you get in the tariff package.

·
Registered
94 Posts
Has anyone in the a UK been given a powerpass card? I was told nothing about it from my dealer, but according to the app there are some charge points near me I had no Idea existed

·
Registered
Skoda Enyaq iV80 (2021)
81 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Powerpass: you have to apply for one via the app - you need to enter the car's VIN. The cards are sent out by post; mine came within a couple of days of application. You can then choose what tariff you want to use:
Free charge - no monthly subscription but you pay full whack at stations like Ionity (€0.79/min here in France, €0.79/kW in the rest of Euroland)
Simply Charge - much reduced tariff when you charge but there is a monthly subscription
Faster Charge - higher monthly subscription but much lower cost at the charging station. I think this option is only open to those who have opted for the 100/125kW fast-charge option, but I'm not sure,

It's a mess. The information on their website PUBLIC CHARGING about options does not match up with the options on the card, which are:
Simply Charge BOOSTER
Charge Faster BOOSTER
Charge Free
Simply Charge
Charge Faster
The difference between these options is not explained in the app; I have no idea what the booster options are.

I originally went for the 'Charge Free' option but then I realised I was losing out: if I had gone for another option I would have got a reduced rate and, with the car being new, you don't pay the monthly subscription for the first year. So I tried to cancel my subscription, but it can't be done from the app: I had to email Powerpass to do it 'manually' and after one month I am back at square one. I am now waiting to get my car updated to 125kW charge rate and to better understand the tariffs before attempting to associate my card again.
I also have written to Powerpass some weeks ago about the confusing tariffs and 'what are the booster rates?' - I got back just a holding email stating they are looking into it... that was 2 weeks ago.
Like yours, my dealer knows nothing and is just as confused as I am.

Here in France, Powerpass works with the main fast charging motorway CCS points such as Ionity, but not with many of the Type2 AC points around where I live... but I already have a card for those (Réveo) via my wife's Renault Zoe.
I'll post any new information from Powerpass as soon as I get it. I attach the Powerpass invoice on the one charge I made under the 'Simply Charge' subscription: a rip-off, as I was limited to 50kW charge rate by the car and here in France you pay by the minute, not the kW.

·
Registered
94 Posts
I don't see anywhere that I can apply for a car in the app. If I click the account icon the "My Powerpass Cards" I see this:

When I click the + button it just asks me to enter the number on my powerpass card

·
Registered
Skoda Enyaq iV80 (2021)
81 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Oops, I remember now I had to Google 'Powerpass' and I finally landed at:
Then click on the green 'request charge card' box and choose Powerpass... but the link doesn't seem to be the same any more, they've changed the site I think. Perhaps they have suspended issuing the cards as they realise they've made a mess of it? I suggest contacting their support at
[email protected]

Good luck!

PS MrHudson - I like your Oh Snap! screenshot... but I can think of more appropriate four-letter words than 'snap'

·
Registered
94 Posts
I emailed them yesterday, and they got back to me quite quickly today. However, they just advised me to just add my VIN to the app even though there is no option to do so.

I've gone back to them again, we'll see what they say.

·
Registered
Skoda Enyaq iV80 (2021)
81 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
I emailed them yesterday, and they got back to me quite quickly today. However, they just advised me to just add my VIN to the app even though there is no option to do so.
I've gone back to them again, we'll see what they say.
Oh dear... it sounds typical. Yes, try again: I still don't understand what tariff I should subscribe to, and when I emailed them they asked me what OS I was using and a screenshot of the Powerpass app ??!! I told them to READ my email before replying.

·
Registered
94 Posts
It looks like they have updated the android app and I can now subscribe.

However, still can't put my VIN in so can't take advantage of the 1 year free, so it's asking me for £16-£22 a month

·
Registered
64 Posts
It looks like they have updated the android app and I can now subscribe.

However, still can't put my VIN in so can't take advantage of the 1 year free, so it's asking me for £16-£22 a month
On iOS it seems that you need to go half way through signing up for the paid plan and it then prompts for the VIN, then offers to show you the cheaper plans (after already forcing you to choose a plan). The app doesn’t show anything about unit rates as far as I can tell, so you need to cross reference with this mega PDF: https://www.skoda-auto.com/_doc/d92e58b0-08d8-4d77-bb98-70cc2a98b3c3

If you have the DC charge upgrade you want the one called “Charge Faster DC Booster” which is Free for one year.

If you don’t have the DC package then you’ll have to choose according to how often you’ll need to use it. There’s £0, £5, £10/month options for the first year, although they are a lot more expensive after the first year.

·
Registered
Skoda Enyaq iV80 (2021)
81 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
If you have the DC charge upgrade you want the one called “Charge Faster DC Booster” which is Free for one year...
Many thanks, gbt, I now understand the "booster" options thanks to your post. I've had my card de-activated by Skoda/Elli as I'm (hopefully) in the process of getting my Enyaq upgraded to 125kW - which was what both the dealer and I thought was what had been ordered (it arrived with the 50kW charge limit).

·
Registered
94 Posts
Thanks GBG, what a hassle though.

I had to go through the process of selecting of the expensive option so I could enter my VIN, then go back to the home section before going through the process again and selecting the free one year option. After all that they still need to send the card it so can't use it yet.

On the bright side, there are some 350kw chargers round the corner from me at a Porsche garage I can use now. Can't wait to see the dealers faces when I plug my Enyaq in

·
Registered
Skoda Enyaq iV80 (2021)
81 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Thanks GBG, what a hassle though.

I had to go through the process of selecting of the expensive option so I could enter my VIN, then go back to the home section before going through the process again and selecting the free one year option. After all that they still need to send the card it so can't use it yet.
Do you know if you can take the option of the first year free of the monthly subscription, then cancel it at the end of the year and change to the 'charge-free' option? - I somehow have the suspicion that they'll lock you in to the original scheme you have chosen at the end of year 1.

·
Registered
64 Posts
Do you know if you can take the option of the first year free of the monthly subscription, then cancel it at the end of the year and change to the 'charge-free' option? - I somehow have the suspicion that they'll lock you in to the original scheme you have chosen at the end of year 1.
When you select the discounted option it shows that the subscription will not auto-renew. After one year you have to enter into a new subscription (and you’ll no longer be eligible for “Charge Faster DC Booster”, only the regular “Charge Free”, “Simply Charge“, and “Charge Faster” with the regular prices).

·
Registered
Skoda Enyaq iV80 (2021)
81 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
When you select the discounted option it shows that the subscription will not auto-renew. After one year you have to enter into a new subscription (and you’ll no longer be eligible for “Charge Faster DC Booster”, only the regular “Charge Free”, “Simply Charge“, and “Charge Faster” with the regular prices).
Thanks, gbt.
So the 'booster' options = first-year-free - and I guess these options don't show up after the year is up. But it's not exactly obvious, is it? - I asked Skoda/Elli about the meaning of these options and after 2 weeks they still haven't replied.
I'm glad gbt was able to tell us!

·
Registered
Skoda Enyaq iV80 (2021)
81 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Me again... but hang on, gbt, if the 'booster' tariffs are free from monthly charges, why does it say in the Powerpass app:

Charge free (free)

I've asked Skoda/Elli what these tariffs mean as they app tells you nothing, and they have just replied (translation from French):

Thank you for your patience.
We are coming back to you following the response from our technical unit.
Unfortunately, after investigation, it turns out that regarding pricing issues, the rates for which you are eligible are stated directly through the app and there is no option to choose others.
We thank you for your cooperation and understanding.
Excellent day.
Best regards
Your Elli Service Team

I've asked them to read again properly my email and answer the question. I also told them not to thank me for my understanding because I understand nothing.

·
Registered
64 Posts
Me again... but hang on, gbt, if the 'booster' tariffs are free from monthly charges, why does it say in the Powerpass app:

Charge free (free)

I've asked Skoda/Elli what these tariffs mean as they app tells you nothing, and they have just replied (translation from French):

Thank you for your patience.
We are coming back to you following the response from our technical unit.
Unfortunately, after investigation, it turns out that regarding pricing issues, the rates for which you are eligible are stated directly through the app and there is no option to choose others.
We thank you for your cooperation and understanding.
Excellent day.
Best regards
Your Elli Service Team

I've asked them to read again properly my email and answer the question. I also told them not to thank me for my understanding because I understand nothing.
You are seeing the tariffs for an Enyaq without the DC upgrade package. Presumably after entering the VIN it has determined that your car doesn’t have the upgrade (which is true based on your other posts, regardless of wherever it should have had it or not).

Maybe this is what ŠKODA were telling you when they said software upgrading your charge level will no longer match the VIN.

1 - 20 of 48 Posts