Speak EV - Electric Car Forums banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
348 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
A week in and the car is pissing me off. Definitely a few annoyances.

Now it won’t charge on local free pod point 7kwh chargers. I get the red light on the car like it won’t handshake. Used these chargers all the time on a previous Golf and Passat GTE so I know they work. Luckily my car does charge at home otherwise I would be completely stuffed. Has anyone else managed to charge at pod point? I have reported my issue to them but fear it is an issue with the car. There are a few other free chargers near my house so will try them out. Fingers crossed.
Also where can you enter postcodes in the satnav?

·
Registered
ID3 1st Edition in Glacier White
632 Posts
On post codes just enter one in the main search bar field and then select the required address from the list it provides. Then Start.
Not used Pod Point yet.

·
Registered
ID.3 1st
540 Posts
Used a few public Pod Point chargers with no issue.

Type postcodes into the search bar instead of an address, then cross your fingers it gets recognised and returns some results!

·
Premium Member
VW ID.3 1st Edition & Tesla M3 LR
7,813 Posts
I used a Pod-Point today as it happens, worked on the previous 4 or 5 times as well.

I do find them odd as you have to claim the charge to keep it going, but otherwise good and the one I use is free as well for some reason. 🤷

The postcode thing is as already said, just type it in on the search bar. Unlike the e-Golf you don’t have to select the postcode button to enter them.

·
Registered
VW ID.3 1st Edition
100 Posts
I've been able to use the free pod point chargers at the local Tescos regularly. Also Polar 7kw chargers with no problem. That does seem odd. I would test it on a few other chargers to see if there is a pattern.

·
Registered
348 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Lil update.

Pod-point. Of the 49 chargers at Asda only 10 are working. Of those ten I can only charge on two, although I cannot verify my charge. Still, as I reported the issue to podpoint I am expecting them to respond.

The Aldi has ten Rolec chargers, they all work, simply plug and charge, so no app. 3kwh though.

Now there are 50kw pod points at the local Lidl, might give one of those a go later, once the shoppers have dispersed.

Postcodes seem to work now, they didn't originally, perhaps the infotainment was slow because it definitely didn't recognise postcodes.

One piece of positive news is that Soundcloud works directly through the entertainment (also displays image art) so this means I can get rid of my Apple crap and go buy a Pixel 4a, something I don't need to charge every hour. I could previously only get Soundcloud working through Applecarplay on the Golf.

My wife uses the wireless charging for her Samsung, so that compartment is hers.

·
EGGY
1,692 Posts
Can't seem to get the wireless charging working on ours, 0570 software. User error ?

·
Registered
ID.3 1st
540 Posts
Can't seem to get the wireless charging working on ours, 0570 software. User error ?
1st Edition in the UK is a “1st Plus” and only has a phone slot, not a wireless charger - the software version is irrelevant, there’s no hardware in the car.

Other countries had the option of a ”1st Max” spec which does include the hardware.

I bought a super-slim charger and fixed it into the slot in my 1st so I can wireless charge.

·
Registered
586 Posts
I bought a super-slim charger and fixed it into the slot in my 1st so I can wireless charge.
I'm intending to do the same with mine, have been waiting to order one until I get the car (this afternoon, finally!) so I can measure the slot. Would you mind sharing a link with which charger you got? I have a very slim round one on my desk but it's white & I think I'd rather have a black one in the car. Perhaps start a thread to share with others who may not have thought of it? :)

·
Registered
ID.3 1st
540 Posts
It is a Spigen F302W but is discontinued, I picked it up as used on eBay. The reasons I went for that pad:

1. It fits the width and height of the phone slot - it’s mounted part-way up the slot with some sticky pads
2. It is powered by a removable Micro-USB plug - this meant I could use a USB-C > Micro-USB lead and not have to use a USB-C adapter (many slim pads have a built-in lead with old-style USB plug)
3. It is only 4mm thick - much thicker and I would have had to remove my iPhone case to use it in the phone slot

It was the second pad I tried, the first was 8mm thick.

·
EGGY
1,692 Posts
Doh, yup it's a worst edition

·
EGGY
1,692 Posts
I've got some BMW 428 alloys with winters on them for sale (well, will have when I get round to it) ?

1 - 15 of 15 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.