Speak EV - Electric Car Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
72 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Gigantic developments today as a result of my getting hacked off waiting two weeks (two weeks!) for the V5 document via which to authorize the dealer to release the car for sale to me and the 580 mile round trip potentially involved to activate the px. In high dudgeon I rang Peogeot Customer Services and they were beyond marvellous in empathising and resolving the problem - and then some. Eleven out of ten to the lady involved. In addition to assuring me that she would get the paperwork on the move asap there was a shock in store for me because she volunteered the fact the vehicle could be shipped the near 300 miles to me foc! I was both delighted and furious. I put it to her, 'Why couldn't the xrggsgjrd dealership have told me this themselves? Not even their Group Sales Manager mentioned the facility when I had previously asked what would be the cost of transporting the car to me. I was simply told that it would be about £600.00. Turns out that it won't cost me a penny. Fine but I should have been informed of the service when I'd enquired about what I naturally thought would be a chargeable matter. Grrrrrrrrrrr!

I appraised her of an additional factor (which of course I'd also earlier put to the dealership over the phone), viz that of the myriad third party vids I'd trawled through, on line, c/o road test reports, the paintwork on their (soon-to-be-my) car looked quite literally the darkest, dullest, dreariest I'd ever seen; an ex demonstror, its image at present is that of a beast having spent the first thirteen months of its life in a dungeon and as a result uniquely robbed of comparative sheen. Unacceptable.

Following my protest they're on to that too...

Hey ho and all that.

·
Registered
72 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Gigantic developments today as a result of my getting hacked off waiting two weeks (two weeks!) for the V5 document via which to authorize the dealer to release the car for sale to me and the 580 mile round trip potentially involved to activate the px. In high dudgeon I rang Peogeot Customer Services and they were beyond marvellous in empathising and resolving the problem - and then some. Eleven out of ten to the lady involved. In addition to assuring me that she would get the paperwork on the move asap there was a shock in store for me because she volunteered the fact the vehicle could be shipped the near 300 miles to me foc! I was both delighted and furious. I put it to her, 'Why couldn't the xrggsgjrd dealership have told me this themselves? Not even their Group Sales Manager mentioned the facility when I had previously asked what would be the cost of transporting the car to me. I was simply told that it would be about £600.00. Turns out that it won't cost me a penny. Fine but I should have been informed of the service when I'd enquired about what I naturally thought would be a chargeable matter. Grrrrrrrrrrr!

I appraised her of an additional factor (which of course I'd also earlier put to the dealership over the phone), viz that of the myriad third party vids I'd trawled through, on line, c/o road test reports, the paintwork on their (soon-to-be-my) car looked quite literally the darkest, dullest, dreariest I'd ever seen; an ex demonstror, its image at present is that of a beast having spent the first thirteen months of its life in a dungeon and as a result uniquely robbed of comparative sheen. Unacceptable.

Following my protest they're on to that too...

·
Registered
3,871 Posts
Do you think you could just have one ownership thread and combine everything in that.
Rather than multiple threads?
Just keeps the forum tidier 👍🏻

plus I’ve now got to find the thread that this is linked to haha ;)

JJ

·
Registered
72 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I did think about doing that but felt that it might be too much of a mixed grill as it were.

·
Registered
3,871 Posts
I did think about doing that but felt that it might be too much of a mixed grill as it were.
nah do it - I have an single thread with all my bits ;)

do you have the car now?

JJ

·
Registered
72 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
No, I cancelled the order - long story so I won't bore you with the details. I've now put down a deposit via another dealer which, px, pricewise and pcpwise works somewhat in my favour. This time it will only involve a round trip of 440 miles as opposed to 580. I'm hoping to be invited to do the deal either later this it more probably next week. What seems to be a unique administrative factor with Peugeot is the inordinate wait for the V5 doc. The first dealer took 17 days(!) to obtain it and the replacement dealer says that in his case it will be about 7 days. Grrrrr!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts