Speak EV - Electric Car Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

Registered
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Funny how damage only shows up in a certain light. Didn鈥檛 notice this when it came off the truck yesterday.
Moved it to the charge point next to the porch. Came out this afternoon and....

As well as the obvious, there鈥檚 a paint run on the edge of the quarter near the swage line where it meets the bumper and a small outward dent on the panel surface next to the bent edge.

Looks like damage during production that鈥檚 been poorly refinished.

Moved the car into sunlight again and it鈥檚 not easily noticeable. Inspector will almost certainly spot it when it goes back in two years though! Kicking myself I didn鈥檛 look harder yesterday.

Sent the dealer an email asking about next steps.

Combined with the App issues, this car is becoming a pain. Actually beginnng to empathise with @donald 馃ぃ

Attachments

evezy referral code d6540
Good reminder to go over a new vehicle with a fine tooth comb before accepting delivery. I went with a fellow evezy subscriber to pick up his new Model 3 at West Drayton. (He had decided to buy one of his own after renting one from evezy for 6 months). It was white like your car, and I found a few imperfections that he missed. They were quickly put right and he accepted the vehicle. I think it is more difficult to spot things when the colour is white. Hope you get a positive response from the dealer and it doesn鈥檛 spoil the new car experience too much.

Reactions: burnt_crisps2

Registered
Funny how damage only shows up in a certain light.
Very true. Lighting conditions can hide or accentuate all sorts of defects and that鈥檚 probably true of all car colours.
Even to those that do inspections all the time they can miss something.

the panel being bent outwards looks odd as it鈥檚 outwards, rather than the usual inwards.
trust you get it resolved quickly.

Registered
Another example of the dealership failing to do the PDI correctly and passing the responsibility to the leaseholders.

Registered
That鈥檚 terrible and I wouldn鈥檛 be surprised if the dealer don鈥檛 do anything either, as they will say it wasn鈥檛 there on delivery.

this just highlights the importance of going over every panel when it shows up

Registered
2016 Nissan LEAF SL
Having worked with rental cars for some time now, it's amazing how many times I first signed off on a car being perfect with no signs of damage when walking around, and then later in the day see some obvious damage that I missed while quickly glancing out the window from about 20 meters away. All the angles on modern cars really help to hide marks and dents especially if the lighting isn't favorable.

I quickly learrned about the 'Umpire Stance' - When checking cars in future, crouch down to that sort of position, and look straight down the length of the car from each corner. It gives one of the best views and you can often see something you will have missed even after taking a fairly detailed walk around the vehicle already.

Hopefully you get a positive experience with the dealer and it's sorted on this occasion, but for future reference I definitely recommend my tip for if you ever need to do another inspection of a car again. It really does make a huge difference, even if you do look a bit weird while doing so!

Registered
Discussion Starter #7
Fortunately the paint run and lack of paint surface damage confirms the damage occurred prior to delivery and was painted over. Most likely prior to delivery to the dealer I reckon. It does happen.

Once the car鈥檚 parked in sunlight rather than in shade it鈥檚 barely noticeable so it鈥檚 entirely possible the dealer missed it at every stage.

That said, since the entire sales and delivery process was conducted at a distance, if they don鈥檛 play ball and agree to repair the damage at their expense, we鈥檒l exercise our right to return the goods within 14 days of delivery.

Zoe Devotee
Fortunately the paint run and lack of paint surface damage confirms the damage occurred prior to delivery and was painted over. Most likely prior to delivery to the dealer I reckon. It does happen.

Once the car鈥檚 parked in sunlight rather than in shade it鈥檚 barely noticeable so it鈥檚 entirely possible the dealer missed it at every stage.

That said, since the entire sales and delivery process was conducted at a distance, if they don鈥檛 play ball and agree to repair the damage at their expense, we鈥檒l exercise our right to return the goods within 14 days of delivery.

I recall my Zoe had slightly odd bumper fit front and rear, every Zoe I looked at had similar issues. None in my experience are perfect. Especially noticeable though on while because of the shadows as you've highlighted. Checked the paint quality on the bonnet edges? If you've got access to a paint meter check the thickness of paint everywhere because Renault will NOT resolve it if you try to log a warranty call on it later (they'll claim its accident damage even if you've never had any).

Zoe Devotee

I recall my Zoe had slightly odd bumper fit front and rear, every Zoe I looked at had similar issues. None in my experience are perfect. Especially noticeable though on while because of the shadows as you've highlighted. Checked the paint quality on the bonnet edges? If you've got access to a paint meter check the thickness of paint everywhere because Renault will NOT resolve it if you try to log a warranty call on it later (they'll claim its accident damage even if you've never had any).

1 - 10 of 10 Posts