Speak EV - Electric Car Forums banner

21 - 40 of 73 Posts

·
Registered
1,361 Posts
Tesla cars are part of the Tesla group and not inferior humans. Inferior humans do not deserve the same level of service. Only superior beings such as the Model 3 deserve the highest level of service.
Oooh, I thought the Model 3 didn't need a service....?

·
Registered
10 Posts
I popped into the Edinburgh showroom this morning, as my wife had an appointment around the corner, and the kids were away. I had the whole showroom to myself (and 2 staff) and I sat in the LR AWD Model 3 and twisted the steering wheel and made tyre squeal noises. Actually no I didn't, I poked around at the screen, panicked when I put the air con on full blast and had no idea how, looked in the trunk, and had a chat with one of the staff who told me test drives are booked up until October. She had a look but still no VIN on the system, 90 days now and counting...

·
Registered
336 Posts
Discussion Starter #25
I think I'm improving a bit, checking the many information resources less and less as the days go by.

·
Registered
52 Posts
Hi, my name is Howard and I’m a Teslaholic. It’s been 6 hours since I last looked at my account in hope of maybe an invoice or delivery update but nothing. I reserved a car in 2016 and configured mid May. I have a VIN in the source which has been there over a month. Friends have taken delivery and tell me how great the car is. I’m on holiday in Edinburgh. If I knew the showroom was empty, I will have taken the family for a tour of the lovely city which would just have happened to end up at Tesla. My wife is sick of me and said I’m just imagining a car that doesn’t exist. I’m starting to think she’s right! It’s great to find a group that understands.

·
Registered
1,345 Posts
I've even got a delivery date and still look at the account several times a day to see if the final invoice has arrived yet. It never ends...

·
Registered
1,444 Posts
It’s been 6 hours since I last looked at my account in hope of maybe an invoice or delivery update but nothing.
old man typing I'm getting quite concerned about the idle impotent patience of this therapy room, in our days we were way more obsessed :)
  • The frequency of account-checks should be at the maximum every 30 minutes
  • Due to the high frequency of checks you should then have realised it is best to at least automate this task - which would notify you the second it changes.
Why has this not been done yet? Get on with it and get off my lawn!

·
Registered
135 Posts
Hi, my name is Howard and I’m a Teslaholic. It’s been 6 hours since I last looked at my account in hope of maybe an invoice or delivery update but nothing. I reserved a car in 2016 and configured mid May. I have a VIN in the source which has been there over a month. Friends have taken delivery and tell me how great the car is. I’m on holiday in Edinburgh. If I knew the showroom was empty, I will have taken the family for a tour of the lovely city which would just have happened to end up at Tesla. My wife is sick of me and said I’m just imagining a car that doesn’t exist. I’m starting to think she’s right! It’s great to find a group that understands.
My wife is sick of me as well continually looking at M3 how to vids on youtube. I havent even ordered one yet.

·
Registered
52 Posts
My daily routine. Wake up check phone for email or text. Get to work and check order page for a VIN. Then check twitter for shipping updates and this forum. Stare at phone willing an email or delivery text. Check account again for VIN. Repeat until bedtime. I need help! Or the car! 😬

·
Registered
542 Posts
My daily routine. Wake up check phone for email or text. Get to work and check order page for a VIN. Then check twitter for shipping updates and this forum. Stare at phone willing an email or delivery text. Check account again for VIN. Repeat until bedtime. I need help! Or the car! 😬
This is my day too o_O

·
Registered
336 Posts
Discussion Starter #34
Whenever I was driving my current car and my daughter was a passenger, I'd pretend to hit the right stalk down twice, making the "toodoon" sound of activating autopilot.

She doesn't know yet we are buying the car, and she's sick of me talking about Tesla and making these sounds.

So I decided to stop pretending to engage autopilot, because I don't want her to get annoyed when we get the car and it's for real. :D

·
Registered
251 Posts
Hi. Does that mean that every time I engage cruise control the car will make a bing sound? Can I turn sounds off? My children will rebel if I can’t!

·
Registered
104 Posts
The SWMBO situation has gotten pretty bad for me.

There was of course the usual irritation over my constant checking of fora, source code and shipping forecasts, but Tesla are now sending any order updates to her phone!

I added her as a secondary contact in case I was unreachable when the fabled delivery call or text was made. In true Tesla fashion the “Primary Contact” box seems to have no effect...

So I now need to constantly ask her “any texts?” “Can you just refresh your mail?”

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
41 Posts
I'm displaying similar symptoms. It is affecting my work and personal life. Only the keys to a new Model 3 will cure my affliction.

·
Registered
248 Posts
The SWMBO situation has gotten pretty bad for me.

There was of course the usual irritation over my constant checking of fora, source code and shipping forecasts, but Tesla are now sending any order updates to her phone!

I added her as a secondary contact in case I was unreachable when the fabled delivery call or text was made. In true Tesla fashion the “Primary Contact” box seems to have no effect...

So I now need to constantly ask her “any texts?” “Can you just refresh your mail?”

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Hi Lee, looks like you are in dire need of a holiday...California seems like a good idea...somewhere like Fremont or San Fransisco... could go ship spotting... apparently pier 80 is the a good spot.

·
Registered
336 Posts
Discussion Starter #40
I'm back to checking my account for a vin a other resources a lot in the last few days, fearing that if my car isn't in the Glovis Sunlight, it won't make it before quarter's end, and Tesla might take a breath and restart deliveries in November only...

I think I need a new TV show, I'll give Peaky Blinders a try. 🎬

21 - 40 of 73 Posts