Speak EV - Electric Car Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Had a long journey today so charged the car to 100% overnight. My plan was to blast the heating on before I left (with the charger plugged in) to warm the car up. That way I would save wasting battery heating the car after I set off. But it didn’t go to plan!

I turned the heating on but it didn’t feel very warm. It felt like in an ICE car when you try to heat it without the engine on and it’s not very strong.

Problem was I couldn’t turn the car on as it was plugged in. I couldn’t work out how to run it off the charger as the battery was at 100% so couldn’t start a charge.

In the end I unplugged, turned the engine on and the heater warmed up quickly. Then plugged back in to regain some of the 3% I’d lost.

Am I doing something wrong or is there a solution to this? I know you can set a pre-heat temperature and departure time for say 10am but that doesn’t really help as with a small child we never know how long it’ll take to leave! By the time we leave the car would probably be cold again!

Is it possible to heat the car up using the power from the charger 5mins before we set off? Maybe by setting a charge limit of 99% and then heating the car while it charges the final 1%?

Second quick question, is the UVO app incredibly slow for everyone else and takes three or four times to successful send a command to the car?

·
Registered
2,344 Posts
When I was checking the “missing” key fob problem the other day, I noticed that behaviour too. Plugged in and started (you can start the car up, it won’t move obviously) and the HVAC blew fresh air. I’m assuming it won’t heat in this scenario.

I haven’t got the UVO app on the 1st edition. Can’t you just send a pre-condition instruction to the car with a temperature setting and let it do it’s stuff without entering the vehicle.

·
Registered
26 Posts
Uvo has got better (faster) for me recently. When I sent an activate HVAC command, it used to report an error but had started. It now reports success.

The heating does work for me when sending the activate HVAC, you need to check the HVAC settings as mine keeps changing the settings by itself, I usually have it at 20 degrees but it can be anything from 17 to 22 when I check it.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts