Speak EV - Electric Car Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Interesting happening.
I scheduled overnight charging on my E-Niro 4+ and pre-heating the cab. Set the departure time for 09:00.
Next morning the charging had completed hours earlier and I wanted to leave at 08:50.
Car would not allow me to disconnect the cable. I assume it was because it was set to stop at 09:00.
Whatever I tried, nothing work for me. Several attempts to 'stop charge' on UVO made no difference.
Then at 09:00 cable became unlocked (By this time I was fuming)
So, the question is, how do I disconnect the cable from the car if it has not completed heating the car.
On hindsight I could have switched the house mains to my PodPoint off?
Anyone any ideas?

·
Registered
1,894 Posts
Interesting happening.
I scheduled overnight charging on my E-Niro 4+ and pre-heating the cab. Set the departure time for 09:00.
Next morning the charging had completed hours earlier and I wanted to leave at 08:50.
Car would not allow me to disconnect the cable. I assume it was because it was set to stop at 09:00.
Whatever I tried, nothing work for me. Several attempts to 'stop charge' on UVO made no difference.
Then at 09:00 cable became unlocked (By this time I was fuming)
So, the question is, how do I disconnect the cable from the car if it has not completed heating the car.
On hindsight I could have switched the house mains to my PodPoint off?
Anyone any ideas?
Daft question but did you try to switch the car on?
I would expect (but don't know) that would cancel the preheating.
If nothing else you could then change the departure time in the menus.
Actually I would have expected simply unlocking the car should have allowed the cable to release.
Was that not the case?
Note that it only unlocks the cable for 60 seconds.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Daft question but did you try to switch the car on?
I would expect (but don't know) that would cancel the preheating.
If nothing else you could then change the departure time in the menus.
Actually I would have expected simply unlocking the car should have allowed the cable to release.
Was that not the case?
Note that it only unlocks the cable for 60 seconds.
Hi MetalHead,
I posted this thread on the E-Niro forum as nothing was happening here.
Many made similar suggestions to yours. I am grateful for all the suggestions and will try it out on my next charge/heater schedule.
I knew there had to be a solution, just that I couldn't think of it.
Anyway. Sorted now. Thanks

·
Super Moderator
7,505 Posts
This is one big downside of the type 2 cable, faffing to unlock the car to remove the cable, type 1 just has a trigger on top to release it.

·
Registered
Kia e-Niro MY20 64 kWh - Gravity Blue
714 Posts
This is one big downside of the type 2 cable, faffing to unlock the car to remove the cable, type 1 just has a trigger on top to release it.
Great though when using your own cable in public places to prevent it from getting nicked.

·
Super Moderator
7,505 Posts
Great though when using your own cable in public places to prevent it from getting nicked.
Solved in type 1 markets like USA by the charge points all having tethered cables (y)

1 - 6 of 6 Posts