Speak EV - Electric Car Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
Mitsubishi Outlander PHEV (2015)
43 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all,

Have my Outlander. Loving it so far and pleasantly surprised at the amount you can ask and it'll stay in EV mode. My worry of the dip in my commute is no bother for EV.

However, I have a question rather the pre-heating. I managed to connect to the app and did a heating test last night to which the heating came on. Great.

I then set a schedule for pre-heating at 7:40am. It then seemed to successfully 'send' the schedule which I am presuming went into the car's memory.

However, when I came to the car this morning it was not heating at all. Does the phone need to be near it for it to work? I presumed when connected and you 'send' the schedule it then logged in the car's memory.

Am I missing something?

Also, what temperature does the car try and heat up to? There's no customisation regarding this. It also only expels heat via the windscreen vents.

·
richi.uk
294 Posts
The heating just runs full blast for 10 minutes (or 20/30 if you change the default). The car might be on the wrong timezone. Check the settings in the nav screen, where you can also double check the timer you set from the app.

·
Registered
2021 Citroën ë-C4 Shine Plus
151 Posts
Setting the timer schedule is just the first step. Once set, make sure it is active by setting the slider to 'on'. The 'send' operation then stores the schedule in the car's memory.

You then need to turn on scheduled operation by touching the 'set' button on the home screen, which should turn blue to indicate that scheduling is now turned on. Similarly, you can touch the 'set' button again to turn scheduling back off.

There is no way to set the temperature, instead you have to rely on the time the heater runs for (10,20, or 30 minutes).

·
Registered
564 Posts
A few of us have an issue that the car won't wake for preconditioning if charging has finished as the car appears to "go to sleep". The only way round it that I have found is to make sure the car is charging when the preconditioning starts, either by guessing the end time of the charge and setting the preconditioning to start during that window, or having it fully charged already and then having a charge timer start at the same time as the preconditioning.

Note that the electric heater takes up to 4kW, so neither the granny cable nor a wall charger will be able to keep up, especially if the charge rate is low because the battery is full. So you may want to leave it charging after the preconditioning has finished, though obviously the car will be cooling down. It's a trade off between a full battery and a warm car

·
Registered
Mitsubishi Outlander PHEV (2015)
43 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks all. I think you're right ThudnBlundr. Worked this morning when charging :)

·
Registered
Mitsubishi Outlander PHEV Design 2.4
83 Posts
At the start my battery was full, I set the remote to defrost for 20 minutes, I charged up over night using my PodPoint EV, app recorded 1.7kW to charge up to full.

·
Registered
2019 Kona 65Kw 2017 Outlander phev gx4hs
586 Posts
On the app you can temporarily switch off scheduled charging and then switch the heater on and the car is warm from the comfort of your toasty warm house :cool:

·
Registered
564 Posts
At the start my battery was full, I set the remote to defrost for 20 minutes, I charged up over night using my PodPoint EV, app recorded 1.7kW to charge up to full.
Is that peak power, or the average?

·
Registered
83 Posts
Is that peak power, or the average?
Apologises I have not explained myself very well, I was NOT plugged in this is the draw on the PHEV battery, the APP recording how much in total to recharge to full.

I

·
Registered
564 Posts
Ah. So you mean the total energy used was 1.7kWh rather than the power was 1.7kW

·
Registered
83 Posts
Yes that is correct I am not good at explain myself.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts