Speak EV - Electric Car Forums banner

21 - 24 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter #21
Rapid charging is not included in the Polar Plus subscription.
Not exactly sure what you mean by ‘rapid’, but I think it depends on the venue. The Polar app describes the 50kWh ones as rapid. This is an example of one near me that is free with Polar Plus:

·
Registered
378 Posts
Not exactly sure what you mean by ‘rapid’, but I think it depends on the venue. The Polar app describes the 50kWh ones as rapid. This is an example of one near me that is free with Polar Plus:

View attachment 125401
Ah that looks like an exception. All the Polar rapids that I have seen have not been free.

·
Registered
905 Posts
I charged my M3P on a 50kW CCS charger last week from 10 to 90% and the battery management going on was quite surprising.
Start charge at 10% SOC, battery at 6degrees, 38kW to battery, plus 7kW shared between front and rear stators to warm the pack.
50% SOC, 41KW to pack, pack temp 45 degC, still 7kW to battery heating.
The battery heating stayed at 7kW until pack temp reached 50 degC when it shut off and then power to the pack went up to 48 kW at approx 60%SOC.
Rate of charge stayed at approx 48kW until 90% with pack temp of 53degC.
Previously charging on Superchargers at up to 130kW I've witnessed the pack heating at 7kW until 50degC at about 50% SOC, then actively cooling when the pack hits 55degC.
Similar to what I saw on my first 50kW CCS Polar charge the other day. 30-95% charge. Sat at 30 kW for a while, then jumped to 45kw until 90% SOC when it tailed off to about 12kW.

Took about an hour and a half, plenty of time to watch a film on Netlfix in peace. :)

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter #24
Ah that looks like an exception. All the Polar rapids that I have seen have not been free.
Guess I must be lucky. There are four near me and only two charge extra. Both of those are in Holiday Inns.

I hope it stays that way.

21 - 24 of 24 Posts