Speak EV - Electric Car Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
EREV owner
212 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi guys,
Here's one that occured to me this morning and I thought I would ask you experienced owners.

Ok, in the morning I precon the car, sometimes twice if I remember in time.
I believe from other posts the car draws more power than the 16A charge port can handle so the car needs to recharge before you leave to be full, right?

If so, my question is this... If I have the car set to charge during off peak time, and we are now outside that time, will the car recharge or will it not? Furthermore, did it draw power from the grid to precon in the first place?
(I guessing yes to the last part)

Thoughts?

Peter

·
Registered
2,015 Posts
Mine appears to need an extra 5mins to recharge after a precon (16A) It does this if its on the "Ready by" timer or instant charge.
It draws power from the charge point and appears to draw some battery power as well. Hence the need to charge a bit once the precon is over

Covered well in this thread by you know who :)(y)

Preheating - do you need it now it's warmer?

Reactions: ArchivePete

·
Registered
1,467 Posts
If it is after the cheap rate end time set into the charge band config (and maybe after the expected departure time if that is set also), then it will revert to delay to next charge. It won't let be hard spot the difference in range though. The giveaway is whether there are any points of a kWH used when you get in rather than 0.00

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

1 - 4 of 4 Posts