Speak EV - Electric Car Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
Hyundai Kona 64KWh Premium SE, Kia E Niro first edition, Vauxhall e-Corsa se nav (on order)
81 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anyone know if it is possible to set the heated rear window to go on with the reconditioning programme? I have been using reconditioning these last few mornings when it has been a wee bit chilly but mainly a lot of condensation has settled on the car especially the rear window. It appears there is no way to include the heater rear in the programme. Am I being thick and missing something?

·
Registered
Hyundai Kona 64KWh Premium SE, Kia E Niro first edition, Vauxhall e-Corsa se nav (on order)
81 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Of course I meant to say "pre conditioning" Curse you auto correct!

·
Registered
3,462 Posts
Don't know Rob.....but you can edit posts.

·
Registered
3,163 Posts
If he's suffering from auto-correct then he might be doing it via a phone which isn't the easiest system to edit posts in :)
@Gardenside Rob I suspect the answer is no, I'm afraid, unless it automatically comes on when the temperature's below freezing to clear the ice. Condensation doesn't count, I guess ;)

·
Registered
1,338 Posts
You can't choose what bits are involved in preconditioning - the car decides what it needs to do to precondition the battery and the inside of the car.

·
Registered
1,338 Posts
You can't choose what bits are involved in preconditioning - the car decides what it needs to do to precondition the battery and the inside of the car.
Sorry, my bad, it can turn on the rear window demister automatically if it thinks it appropriate - but you can't force it to, I think it depends on the outside temperature.

Reactions: Richard Gledhill

·
Ampera aka IGOR
3,500 Posts
I agree, I have seen it where the rear window has been heated with the pre-conditioning and other times when it hasn't come on. Seems to be related to the air temperature, frost will get cleared, moisture will not.

·
Registered
81 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Thanks guys. I suspected as much. The handbook is not much help. It appears the only option you get is whether or not to have the heated seats operate and that, too is temperature dependent.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts