Speak EV - Electric Car Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi

I've had a couple of early starts recently and wanted to warm the car remotely

However after pressing the remote lock button (lights duly flashed) I then pressed the precondition button on the fob (bottom right) but indicators didn't flash - Subsequently the pre heat didnt work.
Also tried this with my spare fob , but with same results.

Should i be setting something in the car the night before ??

Any help would be appreciated.................got a 4am start this week...brrrr !!

Simon

·
Registered
5,062 Posts
How long did you hold the pre-condition button? It needs a long press of about 4 or 5 seconds.

·
Registered
67 Posts
Hello Simon,

I think Duncan may have hit the nail on the head. You do have to hold the second button down for 4 or more seconds. I too encountered the same situation you describe the first few times. After reading the owners manual the longer duration of holding the second button did the trick for me.

As to your second question; setting it the night before to the desired temperature is indeed useful. It does however seem to go to a default mode, if you have set nothing the night before to both cool it somewhat in the summer and heat it somewhat in cold weather. Here in the USA and presumably in the UK it will cycle two times by pressing the button or app two times 10 minutes apart. At UK voltage this should leave you with a toasty interior from the grid before you set off.

Ross

1 - 5 of 5 Posts