Speak EV - Electric Car Forums banner

1 - 20 of 40 Posts

·
Registered
68 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Is there an update that fixes this? The cruise sees a 40mph sign and adjust automatically to 25mph.

·
Premium Member
VW ID.3 Worst Edition & Tesla M3 LR
6,661 Posts
Does it do it all the time?

I’ve had that once on mine, but turning ACC off and then on again got it thinking straight again.

Interim update 0570 is supposed to fix it, but I’m waiting for the full update next year.

·
Registered
68 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
It does it randomly every trip. I think I’ll wait for ME2 before going in since I can override the cruise quite easily.

·
Registered
4,712 Posts
:deleted - it's in the title!

·
Registered
1,111 Posts
My car was updated to 0570 and I have subsequently experienced this. It changed the speed from 40 to 25 mph 4 times in quick succession curiously it started doing it when I was in the Hanger Lane underpass (West London). For those of you who don't know this bit of road it's a 200 metre long tunnel under the big roundabout that's the intersection between the North circular and A40 and has a London underground station and platforms in the middle.

A few of the bugs that my car experiences happen after I have been through this tunnel, such SOS error message, GPS getting lost, loud double click from the centre speaker, they happen elsewhere but more so here. I don't recall getting the double click fault when the car had the 0564 firmware in it. The only notable improvements from 0570 have been stopping the touch screen from crashing and stopping the air bag system error warning.

·
Registered
494 Posts
That tunnel is a comms blackspot, it sounds like the car doesn't handle losing it's GPS and/or mobile cell connection very well.

Seems like it would be safer to turn off the road sign sensing feature until the ME2 update is installed! I don't have my ID.3 yet, so I've obviously not experienced the issue, but I assume the car starts to slow fairly quickly when it has this problem. Could be dangerous for drivers behind, especially with all the tailgating that happens on roads like the A40...

·
Registered
1,111 Posts
My thoughts exactly the tunnel is a coms blackspot and i think many the problems are related to the loss of GPS signal. Curiously the radio seems to work quite well in the tunnel and it's unusual to loose the signal.

Further west on the A40 as the road goes under the target roundabout the car decides the speed limit has been reduced from 40mph to 30mph (going west). There's a 30 mph sign on the slip road, but the car changes the speed to 30 about 100 metres later. going the other way the speed limit changes from 50 to 40 and the car slows down before the 40 mph sign which makes me think it might be a mapping error.

·
Premium Member
6,661 Posts
That’s happened to me once, I found that turning the ACC off and then on again got it back to mph.

It’s another ME2.0 fix I believe, so should be in the 2.1 as well.

·
Registered
323 Posts
My car was updated to 0570 and I have subsequently experienced this. It changed the speed from 40 to 25 mph 4 times in quick succession curiously it started doing it when I was in the Hanger Lane underpass (West London). For those of you who don't know this bit of road it's a 200 metre long tunnel under the big roundabout that's the intersection between the North circular and A40 and has a London underground station and platforms in the middle.
I know exactly where you mean. I will go through there next Saturday and let you know if I experience the same issue. I am also in 0570.

·
Registered
ID.3 1st
311 Posts
I’ve read that this is NOT fixed in the 2.0 software, nor will it be fixed in 2.1

·
Registered
494 Posts
Mine (0783) has never got the speed mixed up between MPH & KPH but it frequently reads signs on other roads and incorrectly changes the ACC speed. It did it on a relatively busy section of the M25 a couple of days ago when it saw a 40 sign on a parallel section of road & slowed down alarmingly quickly. Fortunately no-one was very close to me at the time, I think it could quite easily have caused an accident.

I think the misreading of signs like this is very dangerous and have turned the function off. The way some people drive on the motorways and cut in & out (especially near slip roads) it's only a matter of time until there's an accident caused by one of these occurrences of someone slowing down unexpectedly. I know it's technically the fault of the person behind but still, an accident is an accident.

·
Registered
Volkswagen ID.3 Life
2,686 Posts
I’ve read that this is NOT fixed in the 2.0 software, nor will it be fixed in 2.1
How can you know what features won't work in 2.1? Do you have a link?

I had had the km/mph issue. It's so variable. Some days it fine, one day it did it on and off continually on a stretch of road I use often. I could swear that each time the car wake up it has a different personality ranging from super helpful to angry teenager.

·
Premium Member
6,661 Posts
As the car gets it right most of the time, it’s obviously able to do it correctly, the fact that it defaults back to kmh occasionally points to just a software thing.

I’d be surprised if it isn’t fixed with the update.

There’s so much crap and disinformation out there now about the ID.3, many from people who have zero experience or even interest in cars, that I’m taking what I read now with a pinch of salt.

Edit: That’s not aimed at you by the way @scott28tt, just a general point! You’re on the ID.3 Forum as well I think, I’ve read of ‘faults’ on there that are not even features of the car, and were never specified for it. It’s difficult to sort the wheat from the chaff, especially when people share the nuggets of wisdom from the various dealers they’re having to engage with.

·
Premium Member
1,106 Posts
I would find it very difficult to trust a car that did such things. I wonder how Nissan, Hyundai/Kia and others get such basic stuff right first time and VW, despite using the tech on hundreds of thousands of their other cars, get the implementation so wrong on the ID. It’s almost as if they want to put people off EVs....

·
Registered
ID.3 Tour
612 Posts
I would find it very difficult to trust a car that did such things. I wonder how Nissan, Hyundai/Kia and others get such basic stuff right first time and VW, despite using the tech on hundreds of thousands of their other cars, get the implementation so wrong on the ID. It’s almost as if they want to put people off EVs....
Well the ACC is FAR better on my Škoda Superb than it is on our Leaf, the random braking is far less as well, that’s before you consider the dangerous lane assist on the Leaf.

·
Registered
494 Posts
Is there no option for the ACC not to automatically slow down to the speed limit it has read (incorrectly)?
Yes, you can turn it off in the driver assist section. I don't remember where exactly, but I think it's i the section when you click on the speed limit sign on the image.

1 - 20 of 40 Posts