Speak EV - Electric Car Forums banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
Leaf 40
866 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
If I activate pre-heat remotely, how long does it run for? Is there a fixed time for which it will run?

·
Soul EV & Tesla Model S
241 Posts
I put it on without the charging cable connected and it didn't stay on long at all. Only did this to take the car down from 100% charge as don't like leaving it there too long.). There must be 2 time settings with or without connection.

·
Registered
Leaf 40
866 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks. I have mine set to come in about 15mins before we set-off in the mornings but now its getting colder I find it hasn't warmed up that much so wanted to give it more time. Can't find any mention of this in the manual.

Same again this evening. I have to do the dad taxi thing at midnight and would like to have it nice and warm before I depart, but not knowing how early I can remotely activate it makes it difficult. All this is whilst its plugged into the charger of course.

·
Super Moderator
7,492 Posts
My experience is that if you have a timer it starts about 15 mins before, plugged in or on battery. If you send the request from the app it runs for 15 mins if unplugged and up to 2 hours if plugged in. I find starting it 30 mins before I want to leave works best, gets the fabric of the car warm as well as the air.

·
Registered
Leaf 40
866 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Great, switched it on at 23.15 so it should be nice and warm when I have to set off in 10mins Zzzzzzz

·
Registered
Leaf 40
866 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Perfect :) Now if only I could preheat the duvet!

Reactions: Paul

·
Registered
85 Posts
I haven't managed to get to grips with the preheat: do you set it fro the time you want it to be warm by, or the time you want it to come on?

·
Registered
85 Posts
Thanks! I find the manual with the car almost impenetrable, it seems to go on at length about lots of very obvious things, but fails to give any examples or explain overall concepts.

·
Registered
Leaf 40
866 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Agreed, hence my post here trying to fathom how long preheat runs for! Gotta love it though, nothing nicer than a warm, defrosted car in the mornings :D

1 - 12 of 12 Posts