Speak EV - Electric Car Forums banner
1 - 20 of 38 Posts

·
Registered
128 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
30kw 2016 Leaf here.
Now that the brass monkeys are frozen solid and the app’s not working, is there any way to heat the interior whilst the car is plugged in and fully charged? Used to be easy with the app but not sure how to do it now..

·
Registered
2,428 Posts
What spec level do you have? There should be a “climate timer” that you can set if you regularly leave at a certain time.
Otherwise, start the car when it’s still plugged in and put the heater on.

·
Registered
2,428 Posts
I have the Tekna spec but the heater doesn’t work when the car is plugged in and fully charged. I think that it’s supposed to be like that for some stupid reason..
Excellent, tekna. Press the blue EV menu button and select climate timer, set that up for the time you want to leave.

This video shows how, from 7minutes 33seconds into the video.

·
Yes I'm a girl! Girls can be EV nerds too ;-)
565 Posts
Cool but looks like Timer 2 can’t be used on the same days as Timer 1! As soon as you try and set Timer 2 for a particular day, Timer 1 turns off for that day!
Hadn’t realised that. Tbh, I’ve only ever had it set for the morning defrost.

I did try to use the app yesterday to warm the car for after work, but couldn’t quite get it to do it. It had been Sat all day (until after 6pm) in a cold car park but didn't have much frost and didn’t take long to clear. It may have felt warmer though as I’d walked nearly a mile from the train station! Lol it’s all relative.

·
Registered
2,428 Posts
Well, set it to come on at 8:30 am, saved it and it’s still not come on. Bloody POS...freezing my nuts off and late for work now.. grrrrrr..
The timer is “departure time” so you have to have the timer set for when you’re leaving. It takes about 30 minutes for the heating to happen and so you have to set the timer well in advance.
So, the reason it didn’t come on this morning is that you set the timer but it was already too late for it to start.
If you set it now for tomorrow morning it should work fine.

·
Registered
735 Posts
Yes, the timer shows your intended departure time - note it only works if the battery charge level is over 80%. Thankfully mine is sat at 86% after the 21 mile commute this morning, so it'll be nice n toasty for me at 17:00 tonight :D

1 - 20 of 38 Posts