Speak EV - Electric Car Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
Kona64
1,433 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've tried to search and scroll through, so apologies if this is covered already

One of the major points winner with my gone-now PHEV was the ability to defrost the windows even when the car was away from home, or events meaning we finished our day late in the evening before driving home.

Does the Kona EV need to be plugged in to pre heat?

I've noted the "it runs for 25mins, way overkill to defrost the windows " - I like the idea of instead setting the preheat time for 15mins before you actually get in the car to leave .

Driving off in a car with clear windows really is a major safety boon in my view, plus that smug feeling when you come downstairs to grab a coffee and go, and you look out and see it's kicked in.

·
Registered
Kona 64
550 Posts
I've tried to search and scroll through, so apologies if this is covered already

One of the major points winner with my gone-now PHEV was the ability to defrost the windows even when the car was away from home, or events meaning we finished our day late in the evening before driving home.

Does the Kona EV need to be plugged in to pre heat?

I've noted the "it runs for 25mins, way overkill to defrost the windows " - I like the idea of instead setting the preheat time for 15mins before you actually get in the car to leave .

Driving off in a car with clear windows really is a major safety boon in my view, plus that smug feeling when you come downstairs to grab a coffee and go, and you look out and see it's kicked in.
In winter my Kona (not plugged in) will defrost quicker than my wifes Fiesta which has a brilliant electrically heated windscreen. So forget the Kona preheat setting. Just get in turn on the screen defrost, heated seat, heated steering wheel and by the time you have belted up you are almost ready to go. Its very quick.

·
Registered
Kona64
1,433 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks for reply - it's good to know the speed, as I've now found on the mfg website that timer preheat is only when plugged in.
Dang.

·
Registered
Kona 64
550 Posts
Thanks for reply - it's good to know the speed, as I've now found on the mfg website that timer preheat is only when plugged in.
Dang.
Thanks, but IF i was going on a long drive and IF it was really cold I would probably set the pre heat for 10 minutes whilst plugged in. If for instance I was leaving at 9am I would set departure time as 9.20. Then it will come on at 8.50. Just to make sure I have maximum charge when Ii leave.
But for everyday use the car warms up quickly enough without even when the screen is frozen.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts