Speak EV - Electric Car Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
After a few attempts understanding Remote on UVO app, find that you can preheat the car remotely from the app for these cold mornings ahead. Found that you have to ignore the notifications coming to your phone that say failed. It pretty well always works first time.......that is as well with no charging cable attached. Defrost windscreen and cab heater and steering wheel heat included, but strangely no option to include car seat heating. Runs for about 15mins then stops. Nothing in the handbook fully covers this option. Simply the scheduling Daily time for charge and heating, but only with cable attached.

·
Registered
92 Posts
Where do you see the steering wheel option? I only see cabin and defrost! I've also read that seat heating can be done, but also couldn't find this!

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Where do you see the steering wheel option? I only see cabin and defrost! I've also read that seat heating can be done, but also couldn't find this!
The steering wheel symbol is alongside rear screen and side mirrors. All three features as default when switch hvac on is selected. Seat heating, no idea either.

·
Registered
223 Posts
On my UVO app under the Remote tab, the HVAC settings and the Start Air Con screens are identical. Both have Defrost, Heating, Hide HVAC settings popup and both have Confirm buttons at the bottom of screen. Which one are you supposed to use to precondition?

·
Registered
92 Posts
On my UVO app under the Remote tab, the HVAC settings and the Start Air Con screens are identical. Both have Defrost, Heating, Hide HVAC settings popup and both have Confirm buttons at the bottom of screen. Which one are you supposed to use to precondition?
I use the start air con one, I think the other one is just to set the defaults but not sure!

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
The one that says start hvac. There is a toggle to view pop up. Just confirm and it should send command to car. Did I say it works every time, it doesn’t. Sometimes I think a refresh, small red symbol first primes the system for the command.

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I have stated to use preheat quite routinely now using the UVO app remote setting ( not cable attached) above shows the standard response that the Turn on A/c has failed, in fact on most occasions it has not failed. works fine. Do notice that although the heated steering wheel is supposed to be included,it does not come on, but no major loss.

·
Registered
Kia e-Niro 4 MY20
492 Posts
I raised these failures with the app support. Apparently it's resolved by the latest software update to the head unit.

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Still a hit and miss affair. Although will get a run of successes then fail. Perhaps some setting in the car rather than the Remote UVO operation.

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Continuing on heating theme.....1deg c expected tomorrow. The successes with remote start are now exceeding the fails, just. When it works the steering wheel is included in the heat and demist by default. The wheel is really hot, and to be honest would swap this feature for heating driver seat. Can't deselect wheel only. I wonder at the rationale lumping these options together.
I am also not really convinced about the heating auto feature effectiveness. Legs always seem much cooler than upper body. Directing heat to lower cab, doesn't seem to hack it without cranking up cab temp to 24 or so.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts