Speak EV - Electric Car Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Today I wanted to preheat my Corsa before driving home from work. It is a 25 km/half an hour drive which normally uses about 10%. The app (today it worked!) told me that the battery level was to low to preheat. Now I would like to be the judge of that - but the car seems to think it knows better.

I checked the battery level and it was 39%. This is obviously plenty to preheat and drive home. At least the car could ask if it should preheat due to the "low" battery level. I really hope this is something that can be changed at my upcoming service check, because this is getting really frustrating.

·
Registered
Corsa-e Elite Nav 70 reg
678 Posts
We all want this to be changed to a more sensible level; 25% perhaps, or even better, user settable.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Wow - 50%. I was surprised it would not preheat at 39, so I thought the limit would be 40. 50 is outright ridiculous!
Does it say that in the manual? I could not find anything about it.

·
Premium Member
2020 Corsa E
7,907 Posts
It's hidden in the app that it's 50%. PHEVs are 25% ( I checked and it's actually 20% for them) I think even with their tiny battery :rolleyes:

·
Registered
2018 Nissan Leaf 40kWh Tekna - love it
1,172 Posts
Not so sure, the car "computer" does not know how far your journey is going to be so better to be safe.

·
Premium Member
2020 Corsa E
7,907 Posts
Leaf and Zoe both let you pre heat at 25%. I'd expect most modern EVs to let you pre heat as low as that.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts