·
Registered
203 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Coming Jan 2020 for $9.99 a month.

• Web browser
  • Traffic Visualisation
  • Satellite view maps
  • YouTube and Netflix (WiFi still required)
  • Streaming music

·
Registered
150 Posts
Coming Jan 2020 for $9.99 a month.

• Web browser
  • Traffic Visualisation
  • Satellite view maps
  • YouTube and Netflix (WiFi still required)
  • Streaming music
My understanding is that the Web Browser, YouTube/Netflix and musing streaming will work via WiFi. But if you sign up to Premium Connectivity, these will work over LTE. The added benefit of Satellite Maps and Live Traffic Visualisation can only be accessed with Premium Connectivity subscription.

·
Registered
651 Posts
When we ordered our LR, the included 12 months premium connected services over LTE was one of the differences from SR+; so can’t see any reason why Tesla would need to offer any more than a teaser period to SR+ models prior to charging for these services. Get you used to it before taking it away.

·
Registered
253 Posts
I don't think I could justify a tenner a month for it, Web Browser/YouTube/Netflix are mostly a novelty and having Spotify doesn't seem like great value when you can get the same service seperately and just stream the music through the car.

·
Registered
151 Posts
£10 a month will be pushing it, Its about borderline for me, I really want the traffic visualisations and convinience of spotify without hotspot is nice, but something like 5.99 would be an instant purchase.

·
Registered
253 Posts
£10 a month will be pushing it, Its about borderline for me, I really want the traffic visualisations and convinience of spotify without hotspot is nice, but something like 5.99 would be an instant purchase.
If it helps at all, I find them very inaccurate. There's a sharp bend at the top of the village I live in which always reports as a 'jam' where it's simply an area where cars slow down.

·
Registered
364 Posts
I don't think I could justify a tenner a month for it, Web Browser/YouTube/Netflix are mostly a novelty and having Spotify doesn't seem like great value when you can get the same service seperately and just stream the music through the car.
There's also Caraoke, if it goes away the daughter will be very disappointed.

·
Registered
63 Posts
Bargain, Ill definitely sign up when my car arrives next month. It’s a shame about Netflix not over LTE though. Is this the current set up for premium connectivity users?

·
Registered
442 Posts
Bargain, Ill definitely sign up when my car arrives next month. It’s a shame about Netflix not over LTE though. Is this the current set up for premium connectivity users?
Where does Tesla say you can't use Netflix over LTE with Premium Connectivity? Not sure where the OP got that information.

·
Premium Member
10,463 Posts
Benefits of Tesla Premium connectivity is that it has an outside antenna, roams over multiple UK networks and provides connectivity in Europe. It is also easier to use and provides Traffic Visualization and Satellite-View Maps

SR+ buyers have 30 day trial of Premium if purchased now, existing owners get it until end of year.

1 - 20 of 28 Posts