Speak EV - Electric Car Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
138 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I use the USB connector in my Zoe to charge my iPhone via a cable, but how do I stop it automatically playing the music on my phone when I plug it in? It’s infuriating as I listen to the radio most of the time, but can’t find a way of stopping it doing this.
The phone has Bluetooth switched off for playing in the car as well.

·
Registered
950 Posts
I think you need to perform some surgery on the USB lead. You want the outer two pins left connected for the power, but you don't want the middle two which carry the signals.

FTA: Maybe you could get a small bit of insulating tape in the plug, if you don't want to do any hacking?

·
Premium Member
2020 Corsa E
7,194 Posts
Or instead of using the USB socket get one of the cigarette lighter USB thingies and charge it via that. Then it's not plugged into the head unit at all?

·
Registered
3,754 Posts
Yeah agree that’s annoying - real ball ache and haven’t been able to sort and the Bluetooth volume is awful

I have a cig lighter powered TPMS which has a usb in the back so I use that

I looked at the inductive charging but not anywhere easy to fit one in any of the cubby holes

JJ

·
Registered
264 Posts
Is there something in the car settings where you can turn off media connectivity from any connected devices?

·
Registered
138 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Is there something in the car settings where you can turn off media connectivity from any connected devices?
Hi, Yes I thought there would be, but I can’t find anything obvious. I’ll just use a USB cigarette charger which I’ve got. However, I didn’t think the cigarette charger charged as fast as the integral USB socket in the car?

·
Registered
138 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Or instead of using the USB socket get one of the cigarette lighter USB thingies and charge it via that. Then it's not plugged into the head unit at all?

Yes, thanks for reminding me, I‘d forgotten I had one of those!

1 - 10 of 10 Posts