Speak EV - Electric Car Forums banner

1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
440 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
From Kiaukpr on twitter: Hi I am told website will be updated next week but no docuguc interior vid of e-Niro yet. You could go to a dealer and check out new PHEV as it gets the same interior. New manual will be uploaded as soon as we receive files from Korea

·
Registered
30 Posts
I'm calling Bullsh1t on all of these tweets and emails coming out of Kia UK. Think about it, anyone on here will be almost starting to wish they had been allocated a First Edition model. Why would you pay £2k for LED lights and a 10.25" screen ? Those two options are about £400 worth.

Suppose they told everyone that they would get a sunroof, bsd and memory seats. How many people would abandon their First Edition orders ? How many cars would they be left with, and with a hell of a lot less chance of selling them, or only at large discounts ? Isn't that what always happens when facelift models come out ?

My guess is that people have been sworn to secrecy, until the last First Edition car has departed from the storage yard in Immingham.

·
Registered
81 Posts
I'm calling Bullsh1t on all of these tweets and emails coming out of Kia UK. Think about it, anyone on here will be almost starting to wish they had been allocated a First Edition model. Why would you pay £2k for LED lights and a 10.25" screen ? Those two options are about £400 worth.

Suppose they told everyone that they would get a sunroof, bsd and memory seats. How many people would abandon their First Edition orders ? How many cars would they be left with, and with a hell of a lot less chance of selling them, or only at large discounts ? Isn't that what always happens when facelift models come out ?

My guess is that people have been sworn to secrecy, until the last First Edition car has departed from the storage yard in Immingham.
Sorry, I think this is wishful thinking. There are only 900 first editions coming to the UK in total, and there's currently a waiting list of 3000... I don't think Kia UK will be worrying about shifting the remaining first editions...(or the MY20 tbh!).

Even with slightly improved production (3000 in 6 months is not earth shattering), their main problem is still supply not demand (and they seem keen to keep the price under the £40k tax threshold).

·
Registered
30 Posts
Fair point regarding Demand and Supply. But with no changes to the battery or running gear, there must be some other decent changes to warrant a £2k increase.

I would agree too that the 3000 is only a few boat loads. It could bethat the bulk of units will go to Europe instead to satisfy the EU Emmissions with the UK expected to leave, the UK will no longer be linked to that requirement and so deliveries to the UK wouldn't count towards the EU totals.

·
Registered
81 Posts
Fair point regarding Demand and Supply. But with no changes to the battery or running gear, there must be some other decent changes to warrant a £2k increase.
I did some research when we ordered ours and I concluded that the £1700 increase was fair-ish value for the spec increase. There is some price inflation, as you'd expect given the high demand, but we decided the extra bits were worth having.

·
Registered
30 Posts
I did some research when we ordered ours and I concluded that the £1700 increase was fair-ish value for the spec increase. There is some price inflation, as you'd expect given the high demand, but we decided the extra bits were worth having.
So what bits were you factoring in ?

·
Registered
81 Posts
So what bits were you factoring in ?
The bits announced unofficially in the summer - I think that was LEDs, telematics and the new dash. Judging by comparisons with other cars, that would add about £1000 to the price. The rest of the increase is about covered by RPI inflation. As for the newly announced bits - the battery heater will be gratefully received (should have been in the original spec), the ambient lighting is pointless.

·
Registered
30 Posts
I was re-ordering (bad story) mine last night and the dealer said that the lights and wider display head unit would be about 400 worth.

The battery heating bit has absolutely convinced me to spend the extra and wait for the SE though

·
Registered
49 Posts
I have an Eniro on order, but it’s not going to be the colour I want (red) won’t have memory seats, blind spot detection or rear traffic alert. All of these items are available on the Niro hybrid plus a sunroof, so I ask myself why pay £8000 more for the Eniro?
Cash price I’ve been offered for the Niro hybrid is £26,724 available in 8-12 weeks.
£8000 buys a lot of fuel and road tax.
The other thing I’m concerned about is the Ev chargers, blocked by ice cars and also not working.

·
Registered
30 Posts
I have an Eniro on order, but it’s not going to be the colour I want (red) won’t have memory seats, blind spot detection or rear traffic alert. All of these items are available on the Niro hybrid plus a sunroof, so I ask myself why pay £8000 more for the Eniro?
Cash price I’ve been offered for the Niro hybrid is £26,724 available in 8-12 weeks. £8000 buys a lot of fuel and road tax. The other thing I’m concerned about is the Ev chargers, blocked by ice cars and also not working.
In reality, how often will you actually drive far enough that you will need a topup if you start on a full charge ? Once they start charging for the use of public charging, you'll find that they become very available.

in Ireland, they are now charging for the use of the 50kw chargers, so suddenly they are all largely deserted and the AC chargers are the ones primarily occupied.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Cash price I’ve been offered for the Niro hybrid is £26,724 available in 8-12 weeks.
The other thing I’m concerned about is the Ev chargers, blocked by ice cars and also not working.
Cancel it and let someone else who wants it more move up a place in the queue? If finances are more important to you, it seems the obvious choice.

·
Registered
49 Posts
Cancel it and let someone else who wants it more move up a place in the queue? If finances are more important to you, it seems the obvious choice.
It’s not finances its the fact I would pay £8000 more for the Eniro and not get the spec of car I want, really do want to go Ev shame reall.

·
Registered
206 Posts
To be honest, you will spend 90% of your time inside the car, so you won't notice the colour - then 8% of your time washing and cleaning it - the remaining 2% of the time sitting back and admiring the colour :).
If you intend to keep the car for 5 years that is £250 x5 = £1250 and 5 years servicing at say £250 so anoher £1250. VED at say £150 for 5 years - another £750 - so £3,250 total less say £500 for the e-Niro servicing so £3,750 extra without the fuel.
That £3,750 extra would buy you 650 gallons of petrol or 130 gallons per year and at say 50mpg that means you could only do around 6,500 miles per annum before you start to lose out to the e-Niro. With the e-Niro you will have a much quieter car, a better driving experience and a much higher residual value at the end of the 5 year period - especially as demand for EV's will increase during that period wheras demand for petrol cars will decrease.

·
Registered
81 Posts
It’s not finances its the fact I would pay £8000 more for the Eniro and not get the spec of car I want, really do want to go Ev shame reall.
We tested the Eniro and hybrid. One blew us away, the other wasn't a very good car. No prizes for guessing which was which. The cars are profoundly different propositions. Would you really go for the hybrid just because it has a few more toys?

·
Registered
49 Posts
To be honest, you will spend 90% of your time inside the car, so you won't notice the colour - then 8% of your time washing and cleaning it - the remaining 2% of the time sitting back and admiring the colour :).
If you intend to keep the car for 5 years that is £250 x5 = £1250 and 5 years servicing at say £250 so anoher £1250. VED at say £150 for 5 years - another £750 - so £3,250 total less say £500 for the e-Niro servicing so £3,750 extra without the fuel.
That £3,750 extra would buy you 650 gallons of petrol or 130 gallons per year and at say 50mpg that means you could only do around 6,500 miles per annum before you start to lose out to the e-Niro. With the e-Niro you will have a much quieter car, a better driving experience and a much higher residual value at the end of the 5 year period - especially as demand for EV's will increase during that period wheras demand for petrol cars will decrease.
What’s the first £250 X 5 ?
had a quote for the phev £954 for five services and 3 mots.
interesting thoughts all thanks for info

1 - 20 of 28 Posts