Speak EV - Electric Car Forums banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
5,661 Posts
Hang on a second. If that price includes the grant doesn't that mean the price without the grant is still £50 over the cutoff point?

Nice though to see Hyundai aren't getting left out of the current price-cut-fest.

·
Registered
5,661 Posts
The government wording is:
To be eligible for the grant, cars must cost less than £35,000. This is the recommended retail price (RRP), and includes VAT and delivery fees.

The grant will pay for 35% of the purchase price for these vehicles, up to a maximum of £2,500.
The configurator doesn't give any kind of price breakdown so there's no way to tell what the extra £50 is.

Also, when did they split the range to have both Premium and Ultimate? The model at the top of this thread doesn't have heated/ventilated leather seats which are in the Ultimate model and still beyond the reach of the grant.

·
Registered
5,661 Posts
If you select a different colour it says £32,850 or £33,115 after grant. Sorry but I think they've got it wrong there, I'm pretty sure paint options will be included in the government calculations.

·
Registered
VW ID.3 Life Pro Performance, MY22 (software v2.3)
207 Posts
If you select a different colour it says £32,850 or £33,115 after grant. Sorry but I think they've got it wrong there, I'm pretty sure paint options will be included in the government calculations.
Paint options don’t count - only options that affect battery or drive train. (Not even sure Skoda Enyaq’s charge speed upgrade option counts at the moment).

·
Registered
703 Posts
The government wording is:

The configurator doesn't give any kind of price breakdown so there's no way to tell what the extra £50 is.

Also, when did they split the range to have both Premium and Ultimate? The model at the top of this thread doesn't have heated/ventilated leather seats which are in the Ultimate model and still beyond the reach of the grant.
Registration fee is the £50 which doesn't count.

·
Registered
Ioniq 5 Ultimate
2,641 Posts
When you consider the first premium fully loaded SE Konas in 2018 were about 32,500 after the grant Hyundai clearly have the ability to put the price down. Does show they were pushing pricing on later cars because of demand and government grant. This change to the grant system is clearly making the manufacturers reconsider prices, especially as they have to sell so many to avoid fines.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts