1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
1,777 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

·
Registered
138 Posts
I think I saw an article over the weekend that the government were going to remove the £5,000 EV grant sooner than expected but I don't think a date was given.

At the time I thought that would be good for us owners as Residual Values would rise.

I guess this price cut (if it happens in the UK) will offset that!

Still a fantastic car though.

Big Paul

·
Registered
1,777 Posts
Discussion Starter #4

·
Registered
8,106 Posts
I think that the £5000 grant was never intended to benefit the owners in spite of the claims to the contrary. I am sure that the govenment intended the money to go to the manufacturers and everything I have seen supports this view. They have all increased their prices to make sure they get the benefit of the grant and so it follows they will lower proces when the grant ends.

I am sad to hear that Vauxhall have not reduced their price by £5000 though as by only reducing by £3,500 it is a real-terms price increase of £1,500.

·
Premium Member
11,618 Posts
I think grant is safe for a while, certainly to end of this parliament and possibly longer with low rate of adoption

·
Ampera aka IGOR
3,612 Posts
I thought that this would happen sooner or later, I think that the 'Ampera Owner's Package' may well be removed at the same time as the price drop is introduced.

·
Premium Member
11,618 Posts
This could be an attempt to clear existing stock as I suspect there are still a lot sitting in a field somewhere. Once stocks drop perhaps we will see some new model trims/names?

BTW Did they actually deliver an earth model - I do not recall anyone on here owning one.

·
Registered
178 Posts
proddick said:
This could be an attempt to clear existing stock as I suspect there are still a lot sitting in a field somewhere. Once stocks drop perhaps we will see some new model trims/names?

BTW Did they actually deliver an earth model - I do not recall anyone on here owning one.
howmanyleft.co.uk shows just 4 Ampera 'EARTHS' registered to date

·
Registered
5,305 Posts
Autoexpress reports that Chevrolet are bringing in a corresponding price cut for the Volt in the UK:
When the price cut goes ahead, the Chevrolet Volt is likely to undercut the Ampera by around £1,525 – with prices starting from £27,225 once the £5,000 Government grant has been factored in.
http://www.autoexpress.co.uk/chevrolet/volt/66013/chevrolet-cut-volt-price

·
Premium Member
11,618 Posts
I suspect those Earths were registered to Vauxhall and pre-production test models. I doubt we will find a real owner...

1 - 14 of 14 Posts