Speak EV - Electric Car Forums banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all,

I have been following the vw.co.uk website. The model configuration tool appeared a week or 2 ago. I checked back a couple of days ago and pricing information had started to removed. It now looks like all traces of model specs have vanished. Is it just me ?

Thanks

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
prices not showing if you follow New Cars > Configure a Car

unless i am wrong again ....

·
Registered
1,293 Posts
It’s an absolute maize of a website. I don’t think they’re going for easy to navigate more down the rabbit hole.
Appears different on iPad v iPhone. I see different versions of the pages to @ChrisCross123
I think the problems are likely browser versions on reforming to mobile versions. All the same I expect VW website to be a slicker experience than it is. It’s ok but it’s kinda clunky in places and seems a bit flaky for some.

·
Registered
129 Posts
prices not showing if you follow New Cars > Configure a Car

unless i am wrong again ....
Might be the browser caching showing some old page, try to clear the browser cache or use a different browser that you know has not visited that page ?

·
Registered
682 Posts
It’s an absolute maize of a website. I don’t think they’re going for easy to navigate more down the rabbit hole.
Appears different on iPad v iPhone. I see different versions of the pages to @ChrisCross123
I think the problems are likely browser versions on reforming to mobile versions. All the same I expect VW website to be a slicker experience than it is. It’s ok but it’s kinda clunky in places and seems a bit flaky for some.
Bit like their owners manuals then 😁

It was better until a week or two ago - them they shuffled configurator links for the ID3 from 'electric cars' to 'new cars' and it took me a while to realise (I assumed they had removed the configurator for some reason).
You would think a 'configure your ID3' link would be an obvious requirement for the electric car landing page.
Doesn't help that a Google search for VW ID3 lands in the electric cars page.

·
Registered
264 Posts
Just tried and configured a ID 3 Life but final screen says

D.3 Life Pro Performance 204PS 1-speed automatic 5 Door
No price information available
Total

Has worked before for me, although only configuration that site gives any finance info for is the 1st edition.

·
Registered
Volkswagen ID.3 Life
2,396 Posts
Just tried and configured a ID 3 Life but final screen says

D.3 Life Pro Performance 204PS 1-speed automatic 5 Door
Total

Has worked before for me, although only configuration that site gives any finance info for is the 1st edition.
Works OK for me.

·
Registered
164 Posts
How VW management let that shambles of a website go live is beyond me.
ID3 TV adverts have started, one last night around GBBO, and punters will roll up to that hot mess for basic information and pricing. God help them.

·
Registered
682 Posts
I am seeing the same here. The only exception is the 1st edition, which still has pricing.

Are they trying to make sure they clear stock of 1st edition before the other trims? Seems unlikely, would be rather foolish if they were.

I wonder if they have pulled the pricing as deliveries will (I assume) now be in 2021 with new tariffs / pricing.

That said it is odd that the pricelist is still online, as is pricing for other models.

Is it because they have met their emissions targets for 2020?

Or is their web designer just a bit rubbish🤔

Probably need to speak to them or one of their dealers to clarify.

·
Registered
608 Posts
Blimey, that web-site is bad.

Last week I configure the Tour and saved and printed it off for reference.

Today I tried again and I got the same result as most of you on here!! (no luck)

After a lot of searching I found a way into the site and manage to do it.

I hope this works for all of you. VW Car Configurator | Volkswagen UK

·
Registered
608 Posts
Sorry about this I see it says no price available.

I thought I would try something and see what happens, so after I configured one option and than press print configuration, it shows the normal price but not the colour option I picked.I

I hope it is a software problem and not something more sinister.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts