Speak EV - Electric Car Forums banner
1 - 20 of 42 Posts

·
Registered
234 Posts
I notice that the Tow Bar is NOT listed as an Option, it was stated on the Q & A that the pre-wiring will be on the car and a removable and an electronic drop down version of the Tow Bar will be an option extra - Maybe it will be on the updated specs we are supposed to get at the end of May......

·
Registered
349 Posts
I notice that the Tow Bar is NOT listed as an Option, it was stated on the Q & A that the pre-wiring will be on the car and a removable and an electronic drop down version of the Tow Bar will be an option extra - Maybe it will be on the updated specs we are supposed to get at the end of May......

View attachment 144308
Heat Pump £295 more expensive than on the Kia EV6!

·
Registered
108 Posts
So how much is an equivalent project 45? I’m out if no towbar.

Yeh won’t be paying extra for paint.
Project 45 equivalent price - .
73 kW AWD 48,145 + Tech Pack 1,495 + Eco Pack 1,195 + V to L Option 365 = total on the road price £51,200. Well that is how I calculate it!

I would expect the tow bar to show up on the accessories list for the car, so hopefully listed by the end of May. Also would be interested to know if mats come as standard.

·
Registered
2017 Renault Zoe R90 Signature Nav
280 Posts
73 kW AWD 48,145 + Tech Pack 1,495 + Eco Pack 1,195 + V to L Option 365 = total on the road price £51,200. Well that is how I calculate it!

I would expect the tow bar to show up on the accessories list for the car, so hopefully listed by the end of May. Also would be interested to know if mats come as standard.
Well if you are paying £50K for a car you should expect mats as standard me think 😂

·
Registered
102 Posts

£51,200 + £685 for paint (assuming it’s included). So we are up to £51.865. Solar roof has to be £1.5k at least. Electric back seats are only on 45? That’s £1k perhaps. So p45 up to £54-55k. Makes the 45 look rather a bargain. On the other hand, I can’t see many people paying £50k for a Hyundai. This is the same as a M3 LR. Tough sell for Hyundai even with those cyberpunk looks.

·
Registered
308 Posts

V2L is standard on Ultimate, optional on Premium.

It is pretty much what I was expecting, and I do think it’s competitive against the competition. Yes, it’s a £52K car (with metallic paint) and if you check what a 300PS car costs from other manufacturers it’s in the ball-park. And don't forget the AWD N model, due in 2022, with the same 585PS motors as the Kia EV6 GT. that’s going to be another £5K at least.

For a buyer, Hyundai has one huge advantage in pricing over Tesla. The dealers will give you a discount.

·
Registered
308 Posts
You can’t actually buy a Project 45 at all. They were advertised as having a £5K discount over list (and they do seem to have that), plus there are several spec items on the Project 45 you simply cannot get on standard production models. I am slightly surprised that Hyundai are passing on the increase because as far as I’m concerned the car was ordered before the change was announced, so it should still apply. I think we all know the £3K ’grant’ was really an opportunity for electric car manufacturers to line their pockets and you could see how the prices were realigned to meet the new grant requirements immediately after they were announced.

·
Registered
234 Posts
Also would be interested to know if mats come as standard.
This was one of the questions on the Q and A, the answer like a lot of the answers was TBA. Should hopefully be answered when the full specs are released at the end of May, they should be included in a car this price.

·
Registered
2,637 Posts
At these prices, it is disappointing that we don't get the 77kWh battery. It seems like a bizarre strategy to only offer the best range in one market.

·
Registered
2,119 Posts
I love the 800v battery system the increased charging speed would be a godsend for us having to rapid charge most days we could probably save 30mins every day

But the downsides of it being a bigger car making it a pain to park in central London along with having to pay for so many extras that are standard in our Kona, We would have to go for the large battery ultimate with loads of extras just to get to where we are at as standard in the Kona PSE

so it looks for the next 12 months we will stick with the Kona again.

As a cheapskate motorist who does not like paying much (northerner with short arms and deep pockets) the proof the Kona that almost gave me a heart attack when it came out. £32k for a car I thought that was way to high and total madness now seems the bargain of a lifetime.

Looking forward to seeing UK owners getting the 5 on the road and wanting to try one but it’s just not right for us.

·
Registered
319 Posts
Thanks for posting!
Personally I'm caught in a weird dilemma, I don't really care about a lot of the features/gimmicks of the P45 but getting a rwd 72kW isn't much cheaper although it does have better range.

I'm starting to come to the conclusion that the P45 bundle is a bit of a swing and a miss at luxury EV options

1 - 20 of 42 Posts