Speak EV - Electric Car Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
637 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just took delivery of my new GTline Ze50.
When i had the ze40 the tyre pressures were put to 40psi all round as recommended by many on this forum.
With the new Primacy 4 tyre the sticker on the door recommends 38psi front and 33psi rear... any recommendations guys on what is best for these on the Zoe.
Sorry if this has been asked before.

·
Registered
637 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I take it that's all 4.... any idea why with the Zoe ze40 they were meant to be the same all round but on the ze50 the back are lower pressure than the front?

·
Registered
137 Posts
The reason the EV tyres were higher was because the sidewalls on the tyres were a compromise between weight and strength which lead to premature cracking/damage to the sidewalls. Its too early to know if the same is the case of the primacy tyres, but i wouldn't suspect so.

I would just go with what it says on the car unless there's a good reason to change them.

·
Registered
2,428 Posts
If you have the 17" optional wheels apparently they are wider front wheels/tyres than the rear, so pressures may well be different.

·
Registered
2,428 Posts
Yeah just had a look at the spec, as you say same all round for 16" but 17" are......
215/45 R17 91V (front) 205/45 R17 88V (rear)

·
Registered
Zoe ZE40 R90
536 Posts
So is the new Zoe heavier at the front compaired to older one I wonder
There has been the suggestion that the new 5 bolt wheels on the ZE50 indicate that the suspension has been uprated, which could account for a weight increase - don't have the kerb weight specs to hand atm.

·
Registered
2,428 Posts
ZE40 is 1480 Kgs Unladen - ZE50 is 1502 Kgs

Reactions: Eclectic
1 - 11 of 11 Posts