Speak EV - Electric Car Forums banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

· Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi Everyone.

I have just signed up on here and thought I should introduce myself.

I have been driving a standard Prius (GEN 3 T4) for the last 22 months and averaging 60.5 to the gallon with a mixture of motorway and town driving. My car is due for a MOT in October but has just over 2 years left on the warranty so I am in no rush to change it.

I'm averaging about 22,000 miles per year with my main journey of approx 100 miles each way to HQ that I do about once or twice a week and then journeys all over the country on an adhoc basis and then some weeks pottering around the local area doing no more that 15-20 miles per day.

The Prius suits me at the moment but I would prefer to have something more EV but I'm not sure what - one of the reasons I have signed up on here

The other issue I have is that I can see myself moving in about 3 years nearer into London where there will only be on-street parking (and parking outside your house will be a blue moon experience) and I'm wondering how you can charge your EV when you don't have a home 'base' to do the overnight charge

Thanks for reading

Tim

· Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Thanks for all your replies since I posted this last year.

I still haven't made a decision whether to change to a plug-in but with the Mitsubishi Outlander PHEV now on the market, this looks the logical vehicle, unless there are other manufacturers bringing out equivalent vehicles - PHEV with a 30+ miles EV range

Can anyone let me know if other manufacturers are planning on releasing similar vehicles

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.